When is final payment due?

I have always booked cruises last minute (less than 90 days out) and payed in full at time of booking. I am planning on going on my next cruise May 22,05. It will be a 7 day cruise. I cannot afford to write a check now for the full amount so will place a deposit... can anyone tell me when the final payment will be due??? Thanks

70 days prior to the sail date. I have a group going on Feb 18, 2005 and our final payment is due into RCCL on this Friday Dec 10.

Although....your travel agent may give you an earlier due date to make sure she/he gets the payment from you in time to get it to RCCL on their due date.

The extra days (10 + 60 = 70) are commonly added by a TA to ensure they payment is recieved on time.

I am the booking TA for my group cruise in Feb 18. It is RCCL that is telling me that the final payment is due 70 days out (on Dec 10). I had to collect payment from everyone prior to today. I have to have the payments into RCCL by the 70 day mark.

Go figure! ;)

I was wondering this recently, as my TA wanted final payment for my seven night 3/5/05 cruise on December 1 - which is just over 90 days prior to the trip. I thought that was strange, so I looked up RCCI's policy from their web site. Here's what it says:

When is the balance due?

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

I decided my TA must have moved it forward as the 70 days for a 7 day cruise policy would put my final payment in their hands during the holidays. Could have been an accounting decision to move it so far forward - to make sure they get the money in the bank in 2004.

Just a theory. I never asked the TA, since I'm just so excited to be going!!!

Debbi

I was wondering this recently, as my TA wanted final payment for my seven night 3/5/05 cruise on December 1 - which is just over 90 days prior to the trip. I thought that was strange, so I looked up RCCI's policy from their web site. Here's what it says:

When is the balance due?

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

I decided my TA must have moved it forward as the 70 days for a 7 day cruise policy would put my final payment in their hands during the holidays. Could have been an accounting decision to move it so far forward - to make sure they get the money in the bank in 2004.

Just a theory. I never asked the TA, since I'm just so excited to be going!!!

Debbi

That makes sense why your TA asked for the payment early. I am just doing this TA stuff as a hobby and this is my first group booking (and I am learning as I go along...poor RCCL...they have taken soooo many calls from me...lol. But hey, at least I will know everything for the next group I book;).) Now, I understand now why my payment is due 70 prior. (I never questioned the due date, I just went with what they said.:) )

Anyway, from my past experience as being a soccer-team-mom-manager-coach's-wife-high-school-spiritleaders-booster-president, and all those other positions that this stay-at-home-mom volunteered for over the years, I learned to give an earlier due date that is actually needed because there is always someone that is late with their money.:rolleyes:

Archived