Carnival Accessible Cabins

jdh

Please advise if the accessible Carnival interior cabins are roomy enough for someone who uses a scooter. Hubby has a 3-wheel Pride Rally and we are thinking of bookign a Carnival cruise for spring. We have cruises many times but only on Royal Caribbean. RCCL's accessibel cabins are about the size of 1 1/2 rooms. Appreciate any info you can give us. The cruise we are looking at is on the Sensation.

Please advise if the accessible Carnival interior cabins are roomy enough for someone who uses a scooter. Hubby has a 3-wheel Pride Rally and we are thinking of bookign a Carnival cruise for spring. We have cruises many times but only on Royal Caribbean. RCCL's accessibel cabins are about the size of 1 1/2 rooms. Appreciate any info you can give us. The cruise we are looking at is on the Sensation.

The Sensation is one of Carnivals older ships and therefore not as accessable. I'm not sure if you are asking about a regular interior room but if you are here is what I personally have found. The doors are quite narrow and it is extremely hard if not impossible to get my Pride go go through the door. The rooms are often in the older ships modified and will have a step up to get into the bathroom and not quite up to par. You have to park the scooter in the room so finding a place out of the way is also a challenge. What I'm saying is it is possable if you have an extremely helpful person that can help hold the door as wide open as you can get it, take off the arms on your scooter, and be an extremely good driver. NOT EASY. Would I recomend it? No. JMO Hope I helped.

I am asking about a handicap accessible cabin. The rep I spoke with told me their is no longer any type of lip or obstruction for entering the cabins or the bathroom. Have you sailed recently?

I am asking about a handicap accessible cabin. The rep I spoke with told me their is no longer any type of lip or obstruction for entering the cabins or the bathroom. Have you sailed recently?

When you talked to the Rep. were they not able to give you the sq. footage of the cabin?

Generally speaking Carnival HC cabins are some of the larger ones in the industry, but I can't speak for that particular ship.

In any event you should be able to get a scooter in there.

Sensation is one of Carnival's older ships and therefore has some fully accessible HC cabins(those that are designed and built that way) and it also has some "modified" HC cabins. The "modified" cabins still have narrow doors, lips into the bathroom and less interior room. With these older Carnival ships, you have to be very careful what you book. Do you have complete faith in what your TA is telling you; have you used him/her before; does he/she know your limitations and requirments? Sounds like you need to do some further research on this or risk getting a cabin with limitations you don't want:)

Actually I am not sure if the Sensation does have any purpose-built W/C accessible cabins. The modified cabins on the Fantasy Class ships do have wide entry and bathroom doors, and as far as I know, all the lips to the bathrooms have been leveled (part of the "evolutions" they didn't talk about much).

That being said, I have traveled with my brother on the Elation and the Paradise within the last year, and the modified cabins work for us. There is little floor space left, with the wheelchair in the middle of the room, and the shower is at an odd angle from the bathroom door for a rolling shower chair, but we make it work. Not as easy as the purpose built cabins on newer, bigger ships, but do-able. I am assuming a three wheel scooter is at least as manueverable as a manual chair.

What ship will you be on? I was just in a Legend HC cabin and it had ample room for the scooter.

How does he like the Rally? I am thinking of purchasing one, because it has more floor clearance than the Pride Go Go that I rented.

What ship will you be on? I was just in a Legend HC cabin and it had ample room for the scooter.

How does he like the Rally? I am thinking of purchasing one, because it has more floor clearance than the Pride Go Go that I rented.

I have been on the Inspiration in one of their "accessible" cabins (not "modified). This was Cabin M298. Inspiration Cabin M298 had a lot of room in it. Enough so I could put a chair beside my bed, then park my scooter, and still have plenty of room to get out of bed. There also was a lot of room behind the bed to put my walker in. However, I am sailing on the Sensation in October 2009 and my Carnival guy said that the M298 and R298 were not the same as on the Inspiration. So I chose a different cabin. He did say that the Sensation Cabin E56 had 30" doors which was verified by the Special needs department.

I am posting a picture of Cabin M298 on the Inspiration. I have no idea what my Sensation cabin, Cabin E56, looks like or how wide it is.

2116412636_CabinM298_172.jpg.b490baa930c75a50cc39f61c26e5e5a0.jpg

155993115_CabinM298_171.jpg.d1cd5a196937b51d934a0fc0e59e19d6.jpg

Archived