Belize Zoo or what?

GOLDENBONNY

:confused: Need you help guys.We have 2 year old with us,so our excurisons is very limited,I was thinking of Belize Zoo,dose it owrst to see?any pictures?Can we go by ourselfs?What else woul dyou recomend for us?what beach is not too far from ship.

I enjoyed the Belize Zoo and would think that a two year old would like it. It's a fairly small, but pleasant, zoo. Mostly native animals, nothing huge like elephants or giraffes, so they may be sort of difficult for a young child to see. Probably the largest animals are the jaguars. I'd suggest not going on your own, but going with a guide either independently or with a ship's excursion, because you'll learn more about and get to see more animals when you have a guide. The paths, however, are mostly small pebbles, so may not be too convenient for using a stroller.

I enjoyed the Belize Zoo and would think that a two year old would like it. It's a fairly small, but pleasant, zoo. Mostly native animals, nothing huge like elephants or giraffes, so they may be sort of difficult for a young child to see. Probably the largest animals are the jaguars. I'd suggest not going on your own, but going with a guide either independently or with a ship's excursion, because you'll learn more about and get to see more animals when you have a guide. The paths, however, are mostly small pebbles, so may not be too convenient for using a stroller.

thank you ,is there any beach close to port?

I'd consider the Ecopark & Butterfly house as another option.

The port complex in Belize has a large pool area and much shopping. We were there on Belize independence day and I loved it, What a party. I've lived in the U.S. Virgin Islands so pretty well knew what to expect as far as people's perceptions. It's not the U.S. I would have no hesitation taking a little stroll outside the port to see some of the town. yes the street vendors can be pushy, but for you they would be more likely to make a small fuss over your son.

The sidewalks and streets may not be what you are used to, if you are using a stroller.

The port complex in Belize has a large pool area and much shopping. We were there on Belize independence day and I loved it, What a party. I've lived in the U.S. Virgin Islands so pretty well knew what to expect as far as people's perceptions. It's not the U.S. I would have no hesitation taking a little stroll outside the port to see some of the town. yes the street vendors can be pushy, but for you they would be more likely to make a small fuss over your son.

The sidewalks and streets may not be what you are used to, if you are using a stroller.

I think I will go with thuis excursion,no other option looks proper for us(

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Belize Zoo tour with our 2 and 3 year old 2 weeks ago. It was nice. The gravel paths were very hard to manuver with the stoller and sometimes you really had to put some muscle to push the stroller. We also had to go up and down stairs a few times. It was extremely hot so be sure to bring lots of water. It was about a 45 minute ride to the zoo from the pier. We thought there would be lots of children on the tour but our 2 girls were the only ones. Everyone on the tour had great fun watching their excitement at seeing the animals.

We did not go to see the ruins but spoke to a number of parents with small children who were brave enough to do it. They all said it was nice but the one huge drawback they were not warned about by any of the tour companies they went with was a stroller will be useless and just extra stuff you will have to drag along. The parents told us the paths are extremely rocky and you had to go up and down a lot of stairs. They could not use the stollers at all and ended up having to carry the stroller around with the kids and their bags and it was a big pain. Just keep this in mind if you need a stoller to help get the little ones around.

I certainly do not recall any of this when visiting Belize numerous times at all there was some shopping but where was the pool ?!

i would love to go,but its 7 hours excursion :(

The excursion to Altun Ha is only 4 hours (there is a longer one with a river ride, as well). That is what I am considering and like that it will not take the entire day.

Ally

• 1 month later...
:confused: Need you help guys.We have 2 year old with us,so our excurisons is very limited,I was thinking of Belize Zoo,dose it owrst to see?any pictures?Can we go by ourselfs?What else woul dyou recomend for us?what beach is not too far from ship.

We were also looking into a zoo excursion for our almost 2 year old son. We found a Zoo and Monkey Bay tour, through Coral Breeze, which I've been told is a reputable company.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/

Don't wear open toe sandals to the zoo. Those of us that did in our party were treated to red ants.

We found the zoo interesting. Very primitive. VERY VERY hot. The pigs smelled horribly, DMIL and I still laugh about that to this day.

Go with an open mind. It is nothing like you will see in the US

Archived