Carnival made mistake, need advice...

tampabrat22

Interesting. I booked online thru Carnival.com and I assumed my booking is direct now. However, across the top of my page says the travel agents name. So my TA from my previous 2 cruises is getting credit/commission for my upcoming cruise?

I would assume so, based on my experience - it said the TA name across the top of my screen until I got the TA to release the booking. You may want to get this corrected, esp if you requested paper docs, as those will probably go the the TA now!

Jeeeeeeeeeeez...who in the he!! runs the IT department over there, Beavis and Butthead? :rolleyes: I dearly love Carnival itself, but if I had a BUCK for every post that reports the latest and greatest website errors and glitches, I'd be SET for LIFE. WHAT is the deal, and why can't they have normally functioning websites like the other 90% of the online world? So crazy.

Good luck to the OP. That is nuts. I feel for you.

I agree, mamaparrothead, based on the experience in my post above, Carnival has the WORST website/database design I've ever seen - and I shop online A LOT -so I've seen some bad ones. It's like they've never heard of the concept of a centralized database that "feeds" all their different departments - thus you can have a visible online profile that looks correct, but still have wrong info lurking elsewhere in their system that you don't find out about until later.

Jeeeeeeeeeeez...who in the he!! runs the IT department over there, Beavis and Butthead? :rolleyes: I dearly love Carnival itself, but if I had a BUCK for every post that reports the latest and greatest website errors and glitches, I'd be SET for LIFE. WHAT is the deal, and why can't they have normally functioning websites like the other 90% of the online world? So crazy.

rofl...I thought it was SpongeBob and Patrick...and you should try the agent only site some time...It takes me 20 minutes on the phone to do a reservation...It takes 10 minutes on the computer, and 45 minutes on the phone with Tech Support to use the website.

rofl...I thought it was SpongeBob and Patrick...and you should try the agent only site some time...It takes me 20 minutes on the phone to do a reservation...It takes 10 minutes on the computer, and 45 minutes on the phone with Tech Support to use the website.

So by paying extra you have control of your booking (supposedly) but have to jump through all these hoops?

Seems easier to pay less to a travel agent and let them deal with it.

JMHO

Bill

So by paying extra you have control of your booking (supposedly) but have to jump through all these hoops?

Seems easier to pay less to a travel agent and let them deal with it.

JMHO

Bill

that's how I stay in business;):rolleyes:

i know....thats why i love having my PVP....book thru her she handles the rest

I was the one who had this same problem about a month ago. I booked on Carnival.com, I never mentioned one thing about a TA. I selected to put JUST the deposit down. Carnival then charged me the entire amount. When I called them, they said that I had booked through a TA and that I must contact them. It was the same TA I had booked a previous cruise through. I contacted the TA, and since she doesnt charge us anything, I let her go ahead and manage the booking. The TA managed to get my money refunded to me, minus the deposit. It was weird because Carnival told me that I had selected to be represented by a TA, but I never selected that. At least I am not the only one this has happened to.

Beavis and Butthead? ROFLMAO!!!

This is like the 3rd post I have seen where the person swears they booked online on the Carnival site and somehow it mysteriously wound up at the TA they had used in the past. Seems like not all these people can be making the same mistake, that Carnival is doing something to cause it, but isnt aware of the problem. Until you get Carnival to understand they made the error, you might not have any luck.

There are TA sites out there that makes you think your are dealing directly with Carnival, I found this the first time I was trying to book. Some of the TA sites are very confusing.

Gosh, it's just a silly little mistake, just don't worry about it

Yeah a silly mistake that means I have to deal with an agent now, an unessecary middle man, no offense to them but I prefer to do things on my own. If they would get with the times and get their website fixed I could easily log in make a payment and be done with it.

On our last cruise I managed a group of over 30 passesngers, and they made mistake after mistake but I happily dealt with it, even when hundreds of dollars were not in my onboard account because they made a mistake, I had to spend hours at the pursers desk and with the on-board group coordinator, just to have to get home spend more time on the phone with Carnival and then I FINALLY got a refund of my money that was missing!

I love Carnival as much as everyone else here does and I'm not trying to bash them, but the whole point is they made the mistake, they should fix it...why the hell should I have to give up one more moment of my time to deal with their mistake?

OK, for those interested in the follow up....

I just spent close to an hour on the phone with Carnival. They swear that I had to book offsite even though I have proof that I booked on Carnival.com (my screen capture confirmation that was deleted from this thread). So the girl basically refused to let me speak with a supervisor, but they took my payment and said they can't release my booking from the travel agent. So I guess I need to get in contact with the travel agent since they will be dealing with my cruise this time around.

I know this isnt a big deal, but I am just unimpressed with how they have handled fixing their mistake. As a business owner it is my responsibilty to rectify a problem when I am at fault and I would expect the same from the companies I use:(.

Archived