Tour guide in malta

I went on a wonderful cruise with royal caribbean and took mainly ship tours. In malta, the tour guide, victoria left my husband and i in valetta because i walked too slow. I did the pyramids, the ruins in cyprus, athens, palermo etc. And never had a problem.(first time this happened in 24 cruises)

later on fellow cruisers said she did not count people on the bus(i was the second seat behind her) or even wait two minutes before leaving. They said they were running to the bus at the end. I was walking with her and the group but we were the last ones and she knew i was there. The tour was valetta and medina - a wonderful tour. Just beware if you have her for a tour guide. I did report it to rcc and they apologized and was glad i did report it.

I went on a wonderful cruise with royal caribbean and took mainly ship tours. In malta, the tour guide, victoria left my husband and i in valetta because i walked too slow. I did the pyramids, the ruins in cyprus, athens, palermo etc. And never had a problem.(first time this happened in 24 cruises)

later on fellow cruisers said she did not count people on the bus(i was the second seat behind her) or even wait two minutes before leaving. They said they were running to the bus at the end. I was walking with her and the group but we were the last ones and she knew i was there. The tour was valetta and medina - a wonderful tour. Just beware if you have her for a tour guide. I did report it to rcc and they apologized and was glad i did report it.

Did the tour guide announce, when you all got off the bus, what time to be back to the bus? Were you paying attention to the time and were you back to the bus when you were supposed to, and it left early? You say you were "waling with her and the group" -- where there others in the group also left behind?

I never left the tour guide on all of our stops. She said to meet at the gate at 3:30, if we were not going with her, (which was not my case) but she might be late. At 3:40 all of us were still at the uppermost lookout. We headed back to the bus all in a group and my husband and I were last because I have a slight limp. She was getting farther ahead of us and when we turned the final corner, she was gone and not at the meeting place. It was a large bus terminal. My husband asked one of the drivers where RC was and as he pointed to the spot, two buses left. When I later met my group, they said she did not wait or count and they were upset with her. I was well aware of the time and place to meet. She admitted to me she knew I was walking behind her and RCC told me she was wrong.

Archived