Loungers/Sunbeds on Ventura balconies

lynne17

Hi all. Can anyone inform me whether or not P&O have put more sunbeds or loungers on any of the balconies on Ventura. I know they already had loungers/sunbeds in the more expensive cabins but was led to believe that upon its return from the Caribbean in April, they would be putting them into other cabin categories. I am cruising on her in August and have a cabin booked on C deck. Thank you for any replies

There were just two chairs and a table on ours last week.

David

I have read somewhere that the original chairs were going to be replaced with new chairs that had some sort of reclining ability; not full-length loungers, but adjustable chairs. Were the chair you had like that?

Lynne: on most balconies on Ventura, I wouldn't have thought there was enough room for a lounger, unless you put them lengthways. Decks C & D are different, of course - double-size balconies there.

We had a C deck balcony last November and it was plenty big enough for at least 3 sun loungers!!!! all we had were two upright chairs and tiny table....and i understand that is all they still have! By the way Tom, D deck balconies below us looked alot smaller but the cabins were bigger I think (mini suites)

P and O are missing a trick here ...because if they put sunloungers on all the C deck balconies it will make much more space on the upper decks where they were squashed together like sardines...I did suggest this on the Customer Questionnaire we filled out.

If there is room, simply ask your steward to arrange to have one brought to your balcony. To forestall any protest, simply slip him/her a five or tenner. That should do the trick.:rolleyes:

Wot ho, Michael, I thought FiftyMillionDollarTipperExtraordinaireBob had disappeared:D.

Mary

Thanks for the replies. In response to them I decided to phone P & O direct and I've been informed that the situation is "under review". No time-scale could be offered as to when a decision would be made, so it appears that despite many complaints/concerns being raised with them since Ventura's launch last year, they cannot make a decision about something which would enhance the cruise experience of so many!!!!

I have read somewhere that the original chairs were going to be replaced with new chairs that had some sort of reclining ability; not full-length loungers, but adjustable chairs. Were the chair you had like that?

Lynne: on most balconies on Ventura, I wouldn't have thought there was enough room for a lounger, unless you put them lengthways. Decks C & D are different, of course - double-size balconies there.

The chairs were just plain upright ones and it would certainly have been a crush to replace them with loungers. Also, because of the balcony overhang and the fact that you are often on the shade side of the ship, the advantage of loungers is somewhat limited.

David.

• 2 weeks later...

We had this problem recently on Arcadia we had a cabin (aft) with a huge balcony...last time it had two full loungers..this time just reclining chairs, I asked for loungers but was told no, took it further up the food chain still no..apparently it is policy/'elfinsafety'/whatever.(I offered money as well!)

Archived