Anytime dining - favorite dining room?

Our favorite is the Savoy. Everytime we are on the Sapphire, we book the Savoy for the entire trip. It seems to be quieter, more sedate, i.e., less hectic. Robert is a superb M-D - knowledgeable, courteous, efficient. He does the wine seminars also. My DH and I always sit behind the sea dragon at a table for two. Robert will lean over the dragon and visit with us when he has a minute. Very enjoyable memories!!!

They all have the same basic menu, but my understanding is that on the Sapphire (and the Diamond), each of the four anytime restaurants has one "signature" dish to go along with the theme of that venue. So the Savoy has an Italian dish, the Pacific Moon has an Asian dish, and I forget what the other two venues are called/themed, but you get the idea. I also think I've read that you can get any or all of those themed dishes in any of the dining rooms -- you don't have to be in the Savoy to get the Savoy's signature dish. But I'm not positive of that last point. Hope this helps.

It's so close I can almost FEEL the vacation! :-)

Sapphire Princess - I understand there are 4 anytime dining rooms. Are they the same? Same menu? Do you have a favorite? Does any one over another have a better opportunity to snag a table for 2?

Thanks!!

On Sapphire Princess we could only get table for 2. We asked to be seated with others but was told pretty much No Can Do. We ate with others (twice) after we arranged to be there at the same time with shipmates. Keep in mind each sailing is different. The Savoy was our favorite (pic #1 or #4). Here is a look at all the dining rooms. In pic #2 you have the tables for 2 against the wall. Pic #3 was the Santa Fe, our least favorite. The pork chops in the Savoy was fantastic, most memorable dish I had on-board.

2275995570101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2165163380101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2662337080101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2572797520101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Disclaimer: Due to lightening some pics might appear darker but still a good representation of what you will see

Hypothetically speaking, can you eat at say 5:00 and then again at 9:00 (twice) in the anytime dining rooms. Or, do they record that you've already had dinner? I guess someone in my party is planning on really liking a certain dinner.

Hypothetically speaking, can you eat at say 5:00 and then again at 9:00 (twice) in the anytime dining rooms. Or, do they record that you've already had dinner? I guess someone in my party is planning on really liking a certain dinner.

you could..."theoritically speaking" eat dinner 4 or 5 times.....each of the anytime dining rooms, hit the buffet for another and then why not stop by the poolside grill for bit more...though you would prolly have to hit the poolside grill first as it closes around 6 but there is the pizza place too! :p

might as well hit the buffet twice though around midnight! :eek:

Archived