Excursions in Houston

mistie

Excursions in Houston. RCL have you off the ship first thing in the morninng and taken to Houston Airport. The check in does not open until 1 pm. There is nothing to do there, save for a small cafe. Does anyone know of any excursions that drop off at the airport?

Hello, This is Mr Sensible. Some of you out there may know me from RCL cruises. When we got off the ship, we went to Houston to fly back to London. Help, there is nothing to do once you are at the airport, except stand in a queue for a couple of hours as check in does not open until l pm. Does anyone know of any excursions that drop off at the airport?;)

Hello, This is Mr Sensible. Some of you out there may know me from RCL cruises. When we got off the ship, we went to Houston to fly back to London. Help, there is nothing to do once you are at the airport, except stand in a queue for a couple of hours as check in does not open until l pm. Does anyone know of any excursions that drop off at the airport?;)

I am unaware of excursions after cruise from ship directly into Houston proper or to Houston airports. Much less to airports then out and about then back to airport.

If you are adventurious you would be able to to your own and maybe with others with a a rent car.

Lots of Galveston area things......Kemah, Space Center, Galleria, Sporting events.:D

Like Gavlveston Cruiser stated, I also do not know of any organized tour that drop you at the airport with the exception of those offered by the cruise lines.

If you're looking at something not orgamized by the cruise lines there is plenty to do but you'll need to hire a driver or rent a car on your own.

Galveston -

Tour the Bishops Palace, Aston Villa or Moody Mansion.

Just walk off the ship and you're in the middle of the Galveston Historic District. All within walking distance of many shops, restaurants and museums.

Take a short 4 mile taxi ride to Moody Gardens for the I-Max, Aquarium Piramid, Rainforest Piramid, Discovery Museum & Palm Beach.

Clearlake -

Take a tour of the Johnson Sapce Center.

Visit the Kemah Boardwalk with all the shops, rides, restaurants and attractions.

Houston -

Many Museums, Houston Zoo, Professional Sporting Events & World Class Shopping and Restaurants but all these venues are spread over a vast area.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a 1 PM departure time, you need to watch your time. Galveston (unless that is the port you arrive at) is a good distance from IAH. Arriving at the port in Houston, the museum area (zoo, Museum of Natural History, Museum of Art, etc.) is better timewise. The Natural History Museum www.Hmns.org has a mineral section that will amaze you (worldclass). They also have Burke Planetarium in the same building and traveling exhibits. Google it for current exhibits.

If you are leaving out of Galveston, there was a dolphin watch (limited days) that left very early in the morning. There is a pod of dolphins living in Galveston Bay. I found this on a quick google. However, when we were in Galveston last year, there was a early morning tour. Maybe further searching would yield that company.

www.galveston.com/harbourtours/ Sat, Sun and Monday 11 am is the first tour.

Archived