Topless sunbathing is still allowed

cmlmich

I just got off the phone with a person from Carnival and he said that it is still allowed but not promoted. On the Valor there still is top deck where people go for it. In fact on the PDF brochure he sent me, it lists it as a option......I told my wife though that I don't think I am comfortable with me being topless :D

I thought most ships (including Valor) had turned the Funnel Deck into a mini-golf area? I was ON the Valor last year, but I never made it up to the Funnel Deck. I could have swore that one of our CC friends went up there for mini-golf, though. :confused:

Hey, you might start a new trend.......topless mini-golf! :D

He said it was under the smoke stack....is that called the funnel deck?

Sue, I like the idea of Topless minature golf though:)

Here is a clip from the brochure:

Topless Sunbathing - Panorama Deck 10 - aft

adults only, unguarded deck next to the smokestack

On the Conquest class there is another smaller deck you can walk up to that is forward of the funnel deck and higher than it. Its right in front of the basketball courts and is where the ships name or Seaside Theater usually mounts to. We saw folks up there topless on Glory, there were even the little wooden "saloon doors" in front of the stairs.

Its been my experience in the past when the funnel deck was topless optional, that:

Those that SHOULD go topless DON'T.:D

and

Those that SHOULDN'T go topless DO.:rolleyes:

Agree! :D

Its been my experience in the past when the funnel deck was topless optional, that:

Those that SHOULD go topless DON'T.:D

and

Those that SHOULDN'T go topless DO.:rolleyes:

Most of the time, yes. However, there have been several occasions where my wife and I were up there and ones that should be topless (and are) are talking with us. My wife loves to go topless on cruises - that is why we get balconies :)

When I was on the Inspiration, the funnel deck was also the same deck that the kids were using to get onto the slide. Doesn't exactly seem like a good place for topless sunbathing. Maybe the adults only serinity deck should allow this.

Don't you think that topless mini golf might be a cardiac risk for the dirty old men? I mean picture the pretty young thing getting a hole in one and jumping up and down????:eek: Poor guys will be falling over right and left:p;)

He said it was under the smoke stack....is that called the funnel deck?

Sue, I like the idea of Topless minature golf though:)

Here is a clip from the brochure:

Topless Sunbathing - Panorama Deck 10 - aft

adults only, unguarded deck next to the smokestack

When we were on the Miracle last June there was a guy that decided that deck was not only topless but bottomless, the problem with the clothing optional deck is that there's no quality control, I think he was getting in practice for this past Aprils Legend trip that was au natural

I just got off the phone with a person from Carnival and he said that it is still allowed but not promoted. On the Valor there still is top deck where people go for it. In fact on the PDF brochure he sent me, it lists it as a option......I told my wife though that I don't think I am comfortable with me being topless :D

That's the beauty of Carnival and their staff. You could call a dozen different people and you will get many different answers. I was on the Valor last July and there was no topless area although I suspect if someone was doing it in a discreet section where no one complained they wouldn't make a big deal of it. I've yet to encounter anyone topless on a cruise that I've been on. Did your wife agree that you should keep your top on too? :D

Don't you think that topless mini golf might be a cardiac risk for the dirty old men? I mean picture the pretty young thing getting a hole in one and jumping up and down????:eek: Poor guys will be falling over right and left:p;)

It wouldnt be just the dirty old men. I am 26 and would probably have the same reaction:D

I don't mind kids, but once and awhile, it is nice to be away from them. A topless area would ensure that only adults are there....

But of course, some of those adults are drooling, clapping their hands, jumping up and down, etc...:D

That's the beauty of Carnival and their staff. You could call a dozen different people and you will get many different answers.
BINGO! I called about a Splendor spa balcony and if smoking was permitted there and was told 'yes, all balconies on all ships are smoking.' My contract says otherwise...

If some gal goes topless while I am on a cruise, I am going to look. Then when I get back, I am going to write a letter to Carnival and demand a 75 percent reduction in price for my next cruise to offset the insult. There .................. I have resolved this entire issue!

When we were on the Miracle last June there was a guy that decided that deck was not only topless but bottomless, the problem with the clothing optional deck is that there's no quality control, I think he was getting in practice for this past Aprils Legend trip that was au natural

maybe he was getting ready to great the topless with his bottomless.

but anyway, if people can be topless then they can be bottomless too.

There is a kids section for those that don't agree with others.

My last Cruise on Voyager of the Seas I saw some people sneaking being topless in a less traveled area. I noted it and went on with my business.

unsure why others can't mind their own business as well.

the crazies in the world sometimes are interesting to observe other times quite disturbing.

I think I will write my congressmen though, I saw someone injecting themselves with something that might have been insulin but due to me unable to mind my own business I think it was steroids and you know congress does not like people hopped up on steroids on cruise boats.

They climb the rock walls too fast, they win all the competitions, they knock the golf balls through the nets, they are aggressive and knock elderly out of pool side lounge chairs and even worse they eat everything out of the buffets then order 3x meals at the dining halls.

really this needs to be stopped.

When Valor completed its dry dock they got the mini golf. So is the funnel deck still for adults only and what deck is mini golf on?

Deck plans on Carnival.com show the funnel deck is where the mini golf is located. Don't think there is much room leftover for sunbathing.

Archived