Is PB&J back on NCL?

mevers

Heck, while I am at it, here is another ?.

I have come across a couple posts that NCL has not had PB available since the salmonella scare.

I am wondering IF it has returned.

No one on the main NCL board has noticed (i.e. were not traveling with young ones ;) ).

My 3 year old has moments of picky eating and PB is the hold over. I need to know whether to purchase in port prior to crusie.

Thanks!

Have you seen the Jiff "To Go" size PB? I think they come in a 6 or 8 pk, I usually toss a couple in my luggage, we can always have them with crackers in an emergency. Perhapsthat sounds odd, but I have a preschooler and a teenage boy - either of them are likely to have a food emergency where they need to eat NOW, kwim?

Can not remember the PB&J, but our DS did order the grilled cheese sandwich and the mac & cheese off of the kids section of the room service menu last month on the Dawn. The portions sizes were big enough for an adult.

We just got off the Sky yesterday, and nope, no PB&J (our 15 month old's favorite food). That Jiff to Go sounds like a good option though... and I believe I've seen PB available in "slices" (similar to Kraft singles) in the stores. You could probably pack something like that and just ask the server to bring a couple slices of bread.

I've purchased Jiff to Go at my local Walmart, it's great stuff! It was with all the other peanut butters, and it travelled well with us on a trip to Germany. I had a container in my 3-1-1 bag, just in case, and security never gave it a second look. We were able to get several sandwiches out of each container, it all depended on how thick you like it. :D

I've purchased Jiff to Go at my local Walmart, it's great stuff! It was with all the other peanut butters, and it travelled well with us on a trip to Germany. I had a container in my 3-1-1 bag, just in case, and security never gave it a second look. We were able to get several sandwiches out of each container, it all depended on how thick you like it. :D

I was able just to get it at the local supermarket..on the top shelf.

But just to add to that is the little jellies that you can get at so many restaurants...grab a couple in whatever flavor you need and there ya go!

But Ive also seen little 1/2 jars of PB in plastic jars...that would work too if you cant find the jiff.

I NEVER travel without the makings of a PB&J in my carry-on. I skip the over-priced "travel size" PB and just use a little snack-size tupperware container. If we're going on a longer trip, I pack a larger container in my luggage, and refill the little container as needed. I also make sandwiches ahead of time when possible to avoid having to make them on the spot.

I NEVER travel without the makings of a PB&J in my carry-on. I skip the over-priced "travel size" PB and just use a little snack-size tupperware container. If we're going on a longer trip, I pack a larger container in my luggage, and refill the little container as needed. I also make sandwiches ahead of time when possible to avoid having to make them on the spot.

I thought I'd better resurrect this thread as I just learned something important on the First Time Cruisers board. Apparently passengers aren't allowed to bring any food off of the ship at ports unless it is factory sealed (i.e., original packaging, unopened). This means my usual practice of bringing small tupperware containers of PB in my bag is not going to be possible for port days, nor will bringing pre-made sandwiches into port be an option.:(

For the full thread, please see:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=993323

Archived