No more past guest pins.

Fat Boy

Well, bummer. Maybe they will have some in the gift shops.:) Ebay might be a little steep for me. A previous poster mentioned they got $89:eek: for one on Ebay.

I got one off of Ebay for $1.99 and the most I have seen them go for is $5.99. So I would say that is not that steep.

Personally I am a past guest and I really dont care if I get a pin or not. I dislike pins anyways. At least they have them available for purchase if anyone wants one.

Do they have past guest drinks? :D, Maybe I'll have one of those!

Well, bummer. Maybe they will have some in the gift shops.:) Ebay might be a little steep for me. A previous poster mentioned they got $89:eek: for one on Ebay.

That will be one of the nice things about this proposal is that they will have to make pins for ships that would not normally have them. So if they did offer them for the Sensation, someone could make a little bit off of them on Ebay.

Someone also suggested they offer them for ships no longer in the fleet such as the Tropicale, Mardi Gras, Celebration.

Dave

I love the pins. I was afraid that by the time we sail the Freedom would be out, so I went ahead and bought some on ebay. My sister still needs a Triumph if anyone has one. Also, where do I find Johns blog?

First of all, please forgive me, as I don't have time to read all 10 pages of the posts here so I may be repeating, or I may not know what someone else has said.

I called Guest Care today after having read page one the other day and being concerned about the pins. I was told by them just minutes ago that they were NOT discontinuing the past guest pins. Having said that their was a caveat of sorts....Because the Holiday is soon to no longer be a Carnival ship they have run out of pins and no more will be ordered. ALSO...they are not going to continue pins on the shorter cruises once they run out.

He felt that Carnival would have let Guest Care know if they were completely doing away with the pins as they are such a valued item by many past guests.

First of all, please forgive me, as I don't have time to read all 10 pages of the posts here so I may be repeating, or I may not know what someone else has said.

I called Guest Care today after having read page one the other day and being concerned about the pins. I was told by them just minutes ago that they were NOT discontinuing the past guest pins. Having said that their was a caveat of sorts....Because the Holiday is soon to no longer be a Carnival ship they have run out of pins and no more will be ordered. ALSO...they are not going to continue pins on the shorter cruises once they run out.

He felt that Carnival would have let Guest Care know if they were completely doing away with the pins as they are such a valued item by many past guests.

When you call on the phone for any current info the phone reps are usually the last to know anything.

There weren't pins for the shorter cruises (3 and 4 days) before. By shorter cruises maybe you meant 5 and 6 day cruises.

It has already been confirmed that CCL was discontinuing the pins on all ships.

By the cryptic messages on here it sounds like the pins will be for sale in the gift shops in the near future.

Bill

Jetskier (Dave). Some people would be "naked" without their collection of ships pins. I see them all the time when they checkk-in. :D

I resemble that remark except I dont get nekkid until I get on the ship. :p

Actually I would be 5 lbs lighter if I took my lanyard off with all the pins on it.

Dave

I sent an email to Carnival asking why? Here is their answer.

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We appreciate you sharing your concern regarding the past guest pin production stoppage. Your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate personnel for their information. We apologize for your disappointment.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

We went on the Conquest May 10-17th. I received a past guest pin, but I was surprised they were still doing them.

I just got back yesterday from a sailing on the Holiday. I was a little surprised when our past guest party invite didn't include the whale tail pin with the ship name. I was at the pursors desk later in the day and happened to ask about it. The attendant said they are no longer giving those out. I asked if this was a new policy since February, or if it was just for the Holiday (since it will be retired in 5 months). She said they discontinued them last week, fleetwide. She did have a couple in the back room that she gave us anyway, but I don't think that'll be the case on all the ships. Bummer, too, as I was looking forward to building the "Platinum Collection" over the next couple years. Maybe they'll start selling them in the gift shop instead.

I understand that everyone is making cost cutting moves... It's just a little disapointing that they're taking the nickle and diming to this level. How much could those have possibly cost? I know... When you have 500,000 past guests every year, even a 25 cent pin makes a difference.

So if you're sailing soon, and you have your heart set on getting that pin, double-check the pursors desk.

Personally I am a past guest and I really dont care if I get a pin or not. I dislike pins anyways. At least they have them available for purchase if anyone wants one.

Do they have past guest drinks? :D, Maybe I'll have one of those!

Yes, it's called the Past Guest Reception....watered down, but still "drinks":D

Sorry, just read the 1st and last page so don't know if this was said or not. Just got off the Splendor this week and received our pins with the Past Guest Invites. If Carnival was going to discontinue this, why would they have started this on their newest ship?

This is an email that I got today from Carnival Cruise Lines Guest Relations Dept. (I took my last name off).

Dear Ms. M:

Thank you again for contacting us.

In response to your inquiry, we will no longer be issuing ship pins onboard our vessels once our current supply is depleted. We apologize for any disappointment you may experience in this regard.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Sorry, just read the 1st and last page so don't know if this was said or not. Just got off the Splendor this week and received our pins with the Past Guest Invites. If Carnival was going to discontinue this, why would they have started this on their newest ship?

The Splendor has been sailing for over a year now, long before this apparent decision to pull the pins...I am sure she started out with a multi-year supply....I don't know, but I am guessing they buy those by the tens of thousands.

SSOceanlover is right, the Guest Care Department must be the last to know. I called again today after reading what had been posted since yesterday....and was greeted by a different person. She put me on hold a couple of times to verify my questions. The past guest pins will no longer be produced. Some ships still have a good supply, but once that supply runs out no more will be issued. As much as I like having a pin from each of the ships I've been on (15 different ones so far), I'm certainly not willing to pay the amount some of them are going for on eBay.

Archived