No more past guest pins.

Fat Boy

I was on the valor last week and we still got a pin so hoping you do as well friend.

WE were on the Valor on the 17th and nope no pins. I was bummed. But I will buy one if and when I can.

John has a phone call about ship pins today with management. Hopefully a decision will be made that benefits everyone. Stay tuned to your Whale Tail channel.

Dave

With all that highly paid brainpower at Carnival spedning time on this - they could have paid for pins for another year. :)

We need a thread for pin trading. I would be willing to trade pins.

I need a Sensation since I cruised it in 1996 and never got it. I think they dont even make one but.. would love to have one if so.

There is already one started here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=151281&highlight=pin

I am sure Carnival is aware that robz99z28 has been selling Holiday pins on EBay 10 at a time for the past several weeks with some bring upward of $ 25.00 each....

I am sure Carnival want to put a stop to someone having access to the pins and taking advantage of it, by having someone take them and then make a big profit on EBay~~!!~~

BTW all the Holiday pins robz99z28 has listed came from the priority check-in with the "old" backer cards (where we received ours with the old backer cards). the ones handed out by the room stewards had the new "backer" cards....

If Carnival is reading this, maybe they could purchase one of robz99z28 and cross reference the address with their employee list in Mobile?????

Here is my complete collection of Carnival ships past & present.....

My cruise hat always draws a lot of attention, not only from the crew, but passengers as well ~~!!~~

Carnivalhatpins.jpg

Very cool that you have been able to do that much traveling. Way to enjoy life!!

We need a thread for pin trading. I would be willing to trade pins.

I need a Sensation since I cruised it in 1996 and never got it. I think they dont even make one but.. would love to have one if so.

Look under the "Cruise Memorabilia". It's an active thread.

WAAAY TOO COOL!!!!!

I TOO love collecting these pins! I've cruised Carnival 10 times, and ALWAYS looked forward to receiving my pin!! I consider it my "reward" for cruisin' Carnival!!!

Maybe the cement-heads at Carnival will consider this: The pins are BASICALLY FREE ADVERTISING for the satisfaction of the REPEAT customers to spend their hard earned dollars BACK to Carnival! YES- many consider it junk... I do not. If you want them...tell your travel agent, or let carnival know you want one!!! They'll just up your Cruise price $3, or so....if you decline it, save yourself $3 bucks!!! ...EVERYBODY WINS!!!!!

I certainly would be sad to see these go! I'd love to take my pins, and attatch them to my Carnival Ship poster, and have a nice display of my past cruises!!! Hey Carnival....this is FREE ADVERTISING!!! WAKE UP!!!! I've seen a LOT of cost cutting by Carnival over the years, and really....this is really nickel & dime stuff!!! First go the Ship Picture placemats, the playing cards in the rooms, the fancy ship luggage tags, the Carnival matchbooks, the REAL GLASS drink mugs ( understandable!) , and the drink coasters!!!! Now the pins!!! I DON"T see the prices being cut!!!!!

Message to Carnival : Give the people what they want!!!! I WANT THE PINS!!!!!

If people DON'T want them...save a buck and DON'T offer them one!!!

.....as for the Yahoos who post and buy them on EBay....well, you'll ALWAYS find suckers who'll buy anything!!!! Maybe Carnival should just sell complete "Pin Sets" on their Web Site!! ...as long as they don't say "Past Cruiser" on them--- THEY are reserved for US!!!!!! RON & CINDI!

Looks like you are in luck. The wife found one. Of course I had the years wrong. We went in 1999 and 2000. The pin says Sensation and the year 2000 on it.

wgc41@yahoo.com

Bill

Bill, I received it today. Thanks again and please tell your wife I said thank you also. Have a great night..

Bill, I received it today. Thanks again and please tell your wife I said thank you also. Have a great night..

Donna,

Thanks for letting me know it arrived. I will let my wife know you said thank you. Did you enjoy the way I filled out the envelope.:p

Airhead,

Email me. I have an extra Triumph pin.

Bill

I just got back yesterday from a sailing on the Holiday. I was a little surprised when our past guest party invite didn't include the whale tail pin with the ship name. I was at the pursors desk later in the day and happened to ask about it. The attendant said they are no longer giving those out. I asked if this was a new policy since February, or if it was just for the Holiday (since it will be retired in 5 months). She said they discontinued them last week, fleetwide. She did have a couple in the back room that she gave us anyway, but I don't think that'll be the case on all the ships. Bummer, too, as I was looking forward to building the "Platinum Collection" over the next couple years. Maybe they'll start selling them in the gift shop instead.

I understand that everyone is making cost cutting moves... It's just a little disapointing that they're taking the nickle and diming to this level. How much could those have possibly cost? I know... When you have 500,000 past guests every year, even a 25 cent pin makes a difference.

So if you're sailing soon, and you have your heart set on getting that pin, double-check the pursors desk.

That's really ashame. I was looking forward to adding to my collection. I'll check the gift shop...hopefully they will be available there.

I was on the Freedom, May 23-31st. I had heard that pins were going to be discontinued. We were invited to what we though was a past guest party - no pin with the invitation. Boy was I sad.

Turns our the "party" was a sales pitch for those who have cruised more than a few times, Free drinks were given out and those invited were encouraged to book another cruise while on board. It reminded me of the old Carnival Vacation Club.

We did have a past guest party on another night and our pins were included with our invitations. I am still worried though. It makes sense that this would be an area where Carnival could cut back - especially since some people don't really care about the pins.

I, for one, have fun collecting the pins. They just make me smile. If Carnival is going to discontinue giving them out, I think past guests should be given the opportunity to purchase one for a few dollars.

It would please those of us who like the pins, save the company money, and possibly turn into another source of revenue.

Anyone out there got connections to Carnival to pitch the idea to them ???? :)

I was on the Freedom, May 23-31st. I had heard that pins were going to be discontinued. We were invited to what we though was a past guest party - no pin with the invitation. Boy was I sad.

Turns our the "party" was a sales pitch for those who have cruised more than a few times, Free drinks were given out and those invited were encouraged to book another cruise while on board. It reminded me of the old Carnival Vacation Club.

We did have a past guest party on another night and our pins were included with our invitations. I am still worried though. It makes sense that this would be an area where Carnival could cut back - especially since some people don't really care about the pins.

I, for one, have fun collecting the pins. They just make me smile. If Carnival is going to discontinue giving them out, I think past guests should be given the opportunity to purchase one for a few dollars.

It would please those of us who like the pins, save the company money, and possibly turn into another source of revenue.

Word is that Carnival has heard our pleas and is going to put them in the gift shops on the ships. I don't know when this will happen, but have it from John's blog that Carnival has heard our pleas.

Higher ups at Carnival are very aware and surprised about the interest in the pins. It looks like we might be getting all of the ships pins offered in the gift ship which will be a good thing.

Dave

Archived