14 caribbean itinerary question (Grand)

ckr31

My wife and I were trying to decide if we wanted the Hawaiian, Panama Canal,or the Caribbean Collection. Although we booked the Caribbean one on the Grand for March 2010, my wife thinks it may be a bit too busy. We are, however, looking forward to visiting so many islands. Was wondering if it's a relaxing vacation?

It depends entirely on how you approach the cruise, and what balance is right for you. We love cruises with lots of sea days....that being said, we don't hesitate to book port intensive Caribbean itineraries as we do not feel obligated to go ashore at each port - we do what we want when we wish, and if there an island we want to spend a few hours exploring, great, if not, we enjoy the relative peace and quiet of the ship on a port day.

If you have an interest in seeing the Panama Canal, I highly recommend that at some point. We have been through 3 times, and it hasn't gotten boring yet. We also happen to love the sea days associated with the Hawaii cruises, but we've been to Hawaii for extended land vacations in the past, and so a day at each port in Hawaii is sufficient for us. If you haven't been to Hawaii before, it might not seem like enough time in the islands balanced against getting there and back - but it sure is relaxing!

Enjoy!:)

A number of the stops on this itinerary really can just be "beach days." Aruba, Barbados, Grand Turk...all could be very relaxing days with no touring or shopping involved. Add that to the 5 sea days and I think you will be fine. :)

MaryPoppinz has the right idea. We are leaning toward this itinerary for Mar 2010. We've been to many of the islands & may just walk around the ports.

Let me add that the Panama canal is a great cruise vacation.

Steve

Archived