Camera bag size limitations for helicoptor tours?

maxxjr

Has anyone run into any size limitations for back packs or camera bags for the helicoptor tours to the glaciers?

I have a smallish camera back pack that I use...on my lap, it only comes about two-thirds of the way up my chest. I read somewhere a few months ago about someone having a problem with his/her bag, but have lost the link.

Thanks!

Yep, there's a size limitation - zero. You are not allowed to take any kind of purse, pack, bag, etc. on the helicopter. If it doesn't fit in your pocket, it can't go with you. Period. Wear a big jacket with lots of pockets. Also if you weigh over 250 lbs with gear, boots and all, you get charged extra for the flight.

Ca you hand carry your camera still?? Hate to spend all that money and not beable to take photos!

Sure you can carry your camera; the question was about camera bags. As Wolfie replied, not bags, camera or otherwise are allowed. I plan to have my camera around my neck, and a lens or two in my pockets.

-- Eric

I am going on one of the glacier treks and planned to take my SLR camera, but now I'm concerned about taking it without a bag in case it starts to rain. Does anybody know whether the bags they provide for the treks are large enough to accomodate a camera? Thanks!

Archived