Ventura Fjords Cruise - Advice

gadgetgeezer

Hello

We are just back from a Cunard Queen Victoria cruise around the Med. We have got the bug and are thinking about Ventura cruise through Fjords end June. We are a couple, no kids aged 40 and 33 and not totally child friendly although we are realists and remember that we were once kids. We would like to know:

1. Will there be alot of kids on this trip?

2. Are the staterooms with no balcony ok (all we can get this late in the day)?

3. What is the dress code?

4. Do you think we will enjoy it after going Cunard (without being a total snob)?

Thanks for any advice.

Spencer

a) Probably not - it's still in school term-time. I have a feeling in fact that Fjords cruises tend to attract an older demographic anyway.

b) Do you know which possible cabin?

c) On a 7 night cruise there should be 2 formal nights and 5 smart casual nights. I would expect that at that time of year, for that cruise, the formal nights will be well-observed.

d) I don't know. I rather imagine that Queen Victoria is a rather more spectacular ship internally than Ventura. I believe the decor is very different - more contemporary on Ventura. However, it's a cruise, isn't it? - I think I would enjoy (or at least find things I enjoyed) on any cruise.

Which class did you travel on QV? - if you were in Grills class then you may well find Ventura disappointing.

Hello

We are just back from a Cunard Queen Victoria cruise around the Med. We have got the bug and are thinking about Ventura cruise through Fjords end June. We are a couple, no kids aged 40 and 33 and not totally child friendly although we are realists and remember that we were once kids. We would like to know:

1. Will there be alot of kids on this trip?

2. Are the staterooms with no balcony ok (all we can get this late in the day)?

3. What is the dress code?

4. Do you think we will enjoy it after going Cunard (without being a total snob)?

Thanks for any advice.

Spencer

Hi there

I wonder if you were in Gibraltar the same time as us a few weeks ago - 29 April? We were on Independence of the Seas when QV arrived.

DSC_2107.jpg

We went on Ventura to the fjords last June and there weren't that many kids on board.

We had a balcony cabin but our friends had an OV. The OV cabin certainly wasn't small and it had quite a big window.

Dress code is pretty much the same as Cunard and well adhered to.

I have some photos of that cruise if you click here

We really enjoyed Ventura and have booked again next year.

Hope this helps.

Gail

We weren't in the Grills so I am sure that we won't be disappointed.

We are not sure of cabin, but we will go for obstructed view - can't be too picky this late in the day.

Yes, we were in Gib a few weeks ago and saw IotS. It was a great sight and I got some good pictures. Seems strange seeing a picture form somebody else.

We love dressing up so no probs with that. I think the decision has been made and sure we will like any ship, after all I went on P&O Canberra years ago and loved every minute.

Thanks so much - everybody is so friendly and helpful on here. Any further advice gratefully received.

Spencer and Sarah

hello spencer and sarah , we are booked on the fjords cruise on ventura in june , if you look at http://***** there seems to be a few last minute deals . it is our first cruise and we are really looking forward to it , we are a couple in our mid 30's without children and looking forward to the wonderful scenery . you could always have a look at the PandO website as well as there is a roll call on there for others who are on the same cruise .

We got a balcony through cruise.co.uk so we are happy. It's on Riveira deck - pot luck - if it isn't so good then so be it.

We will meet if you tell us where and who to look out for.

As far as culture goes, we are going to stay good humoured about it all if it is so different. I might buy some football tops to wear. But seriously, I have cruised P&O before and it was ok.

You better prepare for more cruise expenditure - you are going to be hooked like us. Don't know how we are going to get time to go to work anymore. Early retirement at 40 for me please!!!!!

Look out for me, I will be the one attracting hard stares by wearing my Queen Victoria top :p

i see you have posted on the roll call on pando site , will make the arrangements on there for a meet , and im sure you will attract some stares with your QV top !! we are fully prepared to get the cruise bug and already thinking about the next one :D

Archived