If your toddler is potty training?

travlingrlclt

What do you guys do. Our 2 year old has been potty training and uses a small potty. Do you just make them use the big potty since you can't bring a small training potty?

A few weeks ago-ish we determined that the potty training seats that sit on top of the regular toilets will also fit on the cruise ship toilets. Why not pack one of those?

We just got back from the Freedom of the Seas. I was worried as well and brought anything I could pack lol. We brought the small baby bjorn seat which he never even used. And I bought this small travel potty seat which is called a pottete

http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-POTETTE-Go-Potty-Green/dp/B000F1QKRQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1242494596&sr=8-2

We bought ours at Toys r us. I really wanted to have one small potty seat that we could take with us for shore excursions or around the ship, but we ended up using it mostly in our cabin as a potty seat on the normal toilet. It worked great and I would highly recommend it as long as your little one is ok to sit on the normal adult toilet. To me the cruise ship toilets looked like they are about the same size than a normal one.

I took a picture of it that I can email you in case you would like to see.

Our daughter is almost fully potty trained and on the Navigator Trans Atlantic last month she used the full size adult toilets whenever we were out of the cabin, but liked having the little tiny Baby Bjorn Potty to use in our cabin bathroom. (since she can do that one herself)

When my oldest was 2 and we cruised, I brought the potty seat that fit n top of the toilet for the cabin.

When my youngest was 2 and we cruised, I kept the potty seat at home and just kept my fingers crossed that she wouldn't have a problem on the adult seat...and she didn't. But she is stubborn and independent so I didn't expect a problem with her. ;)

When my DD was younger we did not cruise but traveled quite a bit. We used a folding potty seat from Graco that you placed onto the toilet in the restroom. I think they still sell the same product today:

http://www.babyage.com/graco/5212/graco_folding_potty_seat.htm .

BabiesRUs also sells a similar product with a Sesame Street design.

The advantage of this was it fit into a gallon size ziplock and could be placed into my purse or day pack. We used it in amusement parks, malls, the zoo, museums, etc.

When we went on a trip in January, we carried the top part of the seat to fit on the adult seat for our 2-year old. We're cruising on Saturday and I'm going to bring the full potty seat this time. We're driving to the port, so we don't have the airline luggage restrictions to deal with. He likes the small seat better than the clip onto the full-size one so it's easier for us to take what he prefers.

Just wondering if the 2-3 yr olds can reach the toilet? DS has a step stool in front of the toilet now so he can use the potty himself. He pees standing up. Can the boys reach the toilet or will I have to sit him on the toilet?

our son is almost 3 years old and a little over 37 inches in height. we brought our stepstool just in case. I am glad we did bring it. with the stepstool he could wash hands, brush his teeth etc. It was easy to pack, since it is hollow on one side. By the way the Potette potty seat is also foldable , so you can fold it out flat onto the regular toilet and it does not slip at all.

I haven't paid much attention to these threads in the past, but 5 days ago, my DD decided that she was going to start using the potty. Normally, this is great news, but we leave for our cruise in 2 weeks. Hopefully, since she was the one who initiated it, and since she's been pretty good these last 5 days, hopefully we'll be pretty potty proficient by the cruise. I'm going to try and see if she can just go on the big potty. If not, I guess I'll bring the potty topper...that's what she uses here. These are great problems to have!! :)

our son is almost 3 years old and a little over 37 inches in height. we brought our stepstool just in case. I am glad we did bring it. with the stepstool he could wash hands, brush his teeth etc. It was easy to pack, since it is hollow on one side. By the way the Potette potty seat is also foldable , so you can fold it out flat onto the regular toilet and it does not slip at all.

Thanks, I guess we should pack our step stool too.

We just got back from the Freedom of the Seas. I was worried as well and brought anything I could pack lol. We brought the small baby bjorn seat which he never even used. And I bought this small travel potty seat which is called a pottete

http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-POTETTE-Go-Potty-Green/dp/B000F1QKRQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1242494596&sr=8-2

We bought ours at Toys r us. I really wanted to have one small potty seat that we could take with us for shore excursions or around the ship, but we ended up using it mostly in our cabin as a potty seat on the normal toilet. It worked great and I would highly recommend it as long as your little one is ok to sit on the normal adult toilet. To me the cruise ship toilets looked like they are about the same size than a normal one.

I took a picture of it that I can email you in case you would like to see.

I second on the Potette!!!! GREAT for traveling! (even on the plane lol)

Archived