One Formal Night?

cfc525

Is it true that although the NCL Dawn is casual dress, there is at least one formal night? Maybe a welcome aboard night or a captain's formal dinner night? If so, are the men expected to be in jackets and ties?

Thank you,

Carlene

Resort casual is acceptable every night. There is usually one optional "Dress Up or Not" night on a week-long cruise. Jackets and ties are definitely not necessary but some passengers do opt to dress up. The decision is entirely up to you.

No truly formal nights. I don't even remember seeing a "captain's night". We don't dress up -- my husband didn't even take a tie -- but avoid things like jeans, tank tops, flip-flops. He usually wears shirts with a collar, nice khakis or dark trousers.

I'd estimate maybe 30% of the folks were quite dressy on the "dress up or not" night, and it appeared that when folks had reservations for the specialty restaurants, they tended to dress up more.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN 30% of men in suites and ties when i have cruised

NCL-- 30% is way over the amount of people that usually dress up--I would say maybe 10-15%--which on a cruise of 2200 people would be 220--i have never seen that many dressed up.

Big Green

I HAVE NEVER SEEN 30% of men in suites and ties when i have cruised

NCL-- 30% is way over the amount of people that usually dress up--I would say maybe 10-15%--which on a cruise of 2200 people would be 220--i have never seen that many dressed up.

Big Green

I think it might depend on the itinerary. We cruised out of New York City to Quebec, and indeed people were more dressed than apparently they are on cruises heading south to the Caribean.

No truly formal nights. I don't even remember seeing a "captain's night". We don't dress up -- my husband didn't even take a tie -- but avoid things like jeans, tank tops, flip-flops. He usually wears shirts with a collar, nice khakis or dark trousers.

I'd estimate maybe 30% of the folks were quite dressy on the "dress up or not" night, and it appeared that when folks had reservations for the specialty restaurants, they tended to dress up more.

I was on a 9 night a month ago and I would say 5% at the most and that may be high.

Steve

Archived