Special wedding anniversary on board

davedex

can anyone tell me if P & O recognise 40th (Ruby) wedding anniversaries & if so what do they do??? My friend has booked azura in a superior balcony cabin but was not sure if they do anything?

no P and O don't do anything. We were on board for our 25th. If you want to pay out there are various packages, but pando don't do/give you anything. When I had my 50th birthday on Fred I had a watch, posh breakfast,bubbly..all free gratis as it was a special birthday.

Today is our 28th Wedding anniversary...on our 25th Silver WA we went on our first cruise on Arcadia.

I booked a deluxe occasion package which made the cruise extra special with fresh flowers, champagne and chocs in the cabin on arrival.

You also had a champagne breakfast on your anniversary delivered to the cabin, a professional photo - we had one from a formal night when we were dressed up. Also a massage and facial. Its about £140 but really makes the cruise special and romantic.

ALSO, I believe, because we booked this , we had a few extras free- a iced cake was given to us at the end of our meal in the Orchid , And we were invited to 2 private cocktail parties given by the Captain and the Exec Purser. apparantly our dining table was decorated as well on our anniversary evening but we weren't there -ooops- we were in the Orchid.

Worth considering booking something.

We were onboard Ventura last year for our 30th Wedding Anniversary, we told P and O beforehand, as advised by TA, who said we may get an upgrade!! We didn't!!! We actually got NOTHING.:rolleyes:

It's a shame really as the goodwill that could be generated just by sending a card or putting flowers in the cabin would go a long way to restoring Ventura's persona.

Ann

Ps Happy Anniversary Libralass:D

Archived