Star Drydock?

Addictedtwo

I did not know the Star is scheduled for drydock. Can someone post the link to the press release? I can't seem to find anything on NCL website.

Thanks

Where did you see that it was?

We are booked on the Star for the October 31st sailing and the Star is going into dry dock as soon as we return on November 7th. Orginally she was scheduled to go into dry dock after the October 24th sailing. I booked that cruise in January because at that time that was the last one to Mexico before the holidays. There was a thread started on the roll call board about the Star being in dry dock beginning October 31 but I don't see it there any more. The first part of March they listed the October 31 cruise to Mexico so they must have decided they didn't need as much time in dry dock as they thought. I had read that the dry dock was going to be just for routine maintenance. I decided to switch to the October 31st sailing I hope we don't have anything that needs it's routine maintenance before we get back. ;)

We are booked on the Star for the October 31st sailing and the Star is going into dry dock as soon as we return on November 7th. Orginally she was scheduled to go into dry dock after the October 24th sailing. I booked that cruise in January because at that time that was the last one to Mexico before the holidays. There was a thread started on the roll call board about the Star being in dry dock beginning October 31 but I don't see it there any more. The first part of March they listed the October 31 cruise to Mexico so they must have decided they didn't need as much time in dry dock as they thought. I had read that the dry dock was going to be just for routine maintenance. I decided to switch to the October 31st sailing I hope we don't have anything that needs it's routine maintenance before we get back. ;)

I haven't paid much attention to ships going into drydock in the past but this one caught my eye as we will be on it for 21 days starting Jan 16 2010.

So checking further it looks like it will be in drydock from Nov 7 till Dec 19

to me that seems like quite awhile (6 weeks)

I also know its going to do a 4 day run from I think LA to Vancouver (Feb 6)and then it will be leased out for the Olympics as a floating hotel. The company that leased it has paid $10 million and only needs 50/60% occupancy to make a profit.So maybe they are putting some updates into the ship which sounds great.

The Star will be dry docked from Nov 7th - 21st in San Francisco. She will then do a Panama Canal trip from Los Angeles to Miami and back. Then she has 2 - 1 week Mex Riviera and then another Panama Canal round trip Los Angeles, Miami, Los Angeles.

I think it was about 4 years ago we took the star just after dry dock...we were the first cruise and everyone was so worried it wouldn't get to San Pedro on time as it was still in SF the prior morning.

It was waiting for us all shiny and running smooth.

Sandy

• 2 months later...
Is there any way to tell where in SF it will be in dry dock? We will be on the star for the Oct 17th cruise and live in SF, I would bet the kids would like to see her again.

I have been wondring the same thing. My guess would be pier 70.

See this link: http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/port/about_us/divisions/planning_development/projects/djb-3-19-07-Overview.pdf

You will notice two NCL ships in one of the photos. :)

I haven't paid much attention to ships going into drydock in the past but this one caught my eye as we will be on it for 21 days starting Jan 16 2010.

So checking further it looks like it will be in drydock from Nov 7 till Dec 19

to me that seems like quite awhile (6 weeks)

I also know its going to do a 4 day run from I think LA to Vancouver (Feb 6)and then it will be leased out for the Olympics as a floating hotel. The company that leased it has paid $10 million and only needs 50/60% occupancy to make a profit.So maybe they are putting some updates into the ship which sounds great.

Star at the olympics

See if this work --go thru the links

Stay at the olympics 2010- Vancouver lodging packages, cruise booking and acco

is that the Hunters Point area?

No, it's north of Hunters Point in the Central Waterfront / Mission Bay area.

Enter Agua Vista Park, San Francisco, CA on Google Maps. The Shipyard is just south of the park.

• 5 weeks later...

IMPORTANT:

CANCELLED SAILING INFORMATION

Dear Valued Guest,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding all of Norwegian Star's 7-Day Mexican Riviera sailings from Los Angeles, California from October 9, 2010 to November 13, 2010.

In order to perform required maintenance, Norwegian Star will be out of service in dry dock and, as a result, we are regrettably forced to cancel the above mentioned sailings. Norwegian Cruise Line sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused by these cancellations and would like to thank you for your understanding.

Norwegian Cruise Line is encouraging you to transfer your existing reservation to any Norwegian Cruise Line sailing from now until November 30, 2010 and the cruise fare will be re-priced. Guests will also receive a $100 per stateroom on-board credit ($200 on-board credit for guests currently booked in suites and mini-suites) to be used on any

expenditure on the ship.

Guests who wish to cancel their reservation may do so without cancellation fees. If we do not receive a response by 5:30 pm ET on Friday, August 28, 2009, your reservation on Norwegian Star will be automatically cancelled and your deposit will be refunded. We have set-up a dedicated support line that opens on Monday, August 17, 2009. Please let

us know your preference by calling us at (877) 461-1160 from 8 am to 5:30 pm ET Monday through Friday.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to assisting you with your reservation.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Passenger Services & Revenue Management

unquote

Big Green

• 5 months later...

Picture was taken when the Sky was transformed on Aloha .

More dry dock pictures at http://www.marinarii.ro/marinarii-ro-vizualizeaza-fotografia-Star-Dry-Dock-2134 , pictures taken from the Sky .

copyright.php?i=0AE56F444B5B16.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

It was unscheduled. When the Charter for the Olympics canceled at the last minute, they didn't have bookings or an itinerary planned, so they went to dry-dock. There wasn't a press release as far as I know. We certainly didn't get notified in advance! We were told three days before it happened what was going on. I think it took everyone completely by surprise!

I did not know the Star is scheduled for drydock. Can someone post the link to the press release? I can't seem to find anything on NCL website.

Thanks

Archived