Arrive and disembarkment

lynchie

Just a quick couple of Questions.

For Pacific Dawn

1.Day one when you board at 12.30 for 4pm departure, do you get lunch?

2. On the final day we arrive estimate is 7am, do you get breakfast?

3. Are you hurried off the boat or can you take your time?

4. We arent going international and do not require passports so im thinking we wont go through customs just security, How long does it take to get through?

(I need to let my lift know approximately what time to pick us up thats why i ask, Its about an hours drive for him so I was thinking of ringing him once i new when we are getting off 1 hr before?)

Thanks

For Pacific Dawn

You can actually end up boarding around 11am and yes, there is lunch in the buffet for you

Yes, breakfast starts earlier on your last day

When you fill out your 'departure' card you can say if you have to be off at a certain time to catch plane etc. We always put 'as late as possible' as we love to stay on as long as we can.

4. We arent going international and do not require passports so im thinking we wont go through customs just security, How long does it take to get through?

It doesn't take long at all once the processing starts.

(I need to let my lift know approximately what time to pick us up thats why i ask, Its about an hours drive for him so I was thinking of ringing him once i new when we are getting off 1 hr before?)

Yes, you can easily ring when you get in as you will know what your disembarking time is by then.

Thanks

Hope that helps.

For Pacific Dawn

Thanks

For questions 3 and 4, not sure if this will help or not. But I cruised in February, my disembarkation time was 7:55am (I was in the third group to disembark), and I was out of customs (I went international) and security by 8:05am. So all up it took 10 mins, I couldnt believe how quick it was, and I was declaring alcohol too.

The ship got back into phone service at around 4am, I knew I was disembarking around 8 so I called my dad who picked me up at 6am, and he didnt leave til about 6:30. He was ready waiting for me when I got off - we live about an hour or so away, maybe longer depending on traffic.

Hope that helped a bit!

In regards to Question 3, disembarkation time is determined by what you fill out on your disembarkation card / documentation.

Regardless though of what time you are disembarking, room stewards usually request that rooms are emptied out by 8.00am or so.

You are then required to wait in the buffet, public lounges or on deck for your disembarkation group to be called. Can be a little tiring while waiting if you have a lot of carry-on luggage (luggage that was not collected the night before from your room).

Still, you have time to enjoy a breakfast in the buffet, but maybe get there early-ish to secure a table if you are a group and are not disembarking for a while.

Hope you have a FANTASTIC first cruise, you will love it! Nothing compares to your first cruise.

Walking up the gangway...your first step onboard...that "ship" smell...the entertainment...the activities...the ports of calls...and the food!!

The food in the dining room in particular is fantastic. If you can't decided between which appetiser, order both! Don't be scared to try new foods...if you dont like it, the waiters are happy to bring you something else.

HAPPY CRUISING!!! :) :)

Archived