Ventura - Southampton check in time?

Eveshamgirl

Am going on the Ventura 12th June and have never been from Southampton before only on fly cruises. What time can we board? Are boarding times staggered? Are there very large queues? Will there be a sailaway party?

There may be a queue when you arrive but the checkin process is quite fast and the queue moves fast. Boarding starts around noon. There is a sailaway party with a band playing on the quayside and trays of champagne available (chargeable) on the promenade deck

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the cruise ship schedule for that day, Ventura is the only ship in that day, so it shouldn't be too bad. When you come in though, you are best off not coming down the M271 and through the town.

Come off the M27 at either junctions 8 or 9 and pick up the main roads into town. West Quay road can be a nightmare during the day.

We're aiming to be at the terminal at midday this Friday for our cruise, as that's the earliest I think you can check in. They disembarking passengers will have left by then.

Personal choice for the wow factor, mainly because we live across the river in Woolston, is to go over the Itchen bridge, and then you'll see any cruise ships in. Is especially amazing when QM II, Independence of the Seas, Ventura et al are in.

My view is, you can never be too early! Well, let the ship dock first. :)

There will be a short delay, but it really isn't that long. My experience is that it is mostly the waiting to check in that takes the time, then suddenly, whoosh, you're through, getting welcome photos taken and walking straight onto the ship. Record for us from our house to room on ship has been 45 mins! But I would imagine it would take no more than an hour. Certainly beats waiting at the airport!!

Scrozuk

Travelled on Independence this weekend, and thought we would be early getting to the terminal around 11.15, were on the ship having lunch by 12.00.

Lynn was still put out not being first.

Has anyone been first in the line, and what time was that?

Travelled on Independence this weekend, and thought we would be early getting to the terminal around 11.15, were on the ship having lunch by 12.00.

Lynn was still put out not being first.

Has anyone been first in the line, and what time was that?

Sounds about the right amount of time for boarding Indy, very slick operation in that terminal.

Think the first person on the ship, might be the captain, but I could be wrong.. !!

Scrozuk

Archived