GLORY DAYS 5/2-5/9...the human perspective!

Man, I LOVED the bushwackers at Paradise Point! Hubby was not feeling well (wonder why :p) so I got to drink his too. We could have stayed there all day, it was sooooo relaxing!

I KNOW, they're yummmmmy good!!! We would have stayed longer too, but we had made plans with Damian to meet him at a bar he told us about, Shipwreck Tavern, so we headed back down there...and funny enough, we walked back towards the ship, and right where you would turn right to go back into the port shopping area, the place is on the left in a little mini-shopping place. Lo and behold, there comes Damian, and Jeffie shows up too, so in we go!!

Cool place, cold beers of all kinds, and fabulous french fries!!!

IMG_2585.jpg

DSCF1124.jpg

At this point, we were more than ready to get back on board and headed to Lido. Sailaway was at 8PM and was beautiful!!!!

DSCF1125.jpg

DSCF1128.jpg

It was the BEST Grady!!!

Love a rockin' Piano Bar!!!:D Who was on when you were there? They are so precious, good PB artists!!!

Wait till we get to our last night onboard, hilarious!! I have to do ports now because that's where it's taking me...:p

You know, I can't remember the guys name. :confused: He was a short, slender guy with light brown, closer-cut hair. I can probably dust off one of the old Capers and find it. I hope I have him again on one of our cruises, he was really fun.

I KNOW, they're yummmmmy good!!! We would have stayed longer too, but we had made plans with Damian to meet him at a bar he told us about, Shipwreck Tavern, so we headed back down there...and funny enough, we walked back towards the ship, and right where you would turn right to go back into the port shopping area, the place is on the left in a little mini-shopping place. Lo and behold, there comes Damian, and Jeffie shows up too, so in we go!!

Cool place, cold beers of all kinds, and fabulous french fries!!!

IMG_2585.jpg

DSCF1124.jpg

Naturally when we were walking in to see y'all after going to Sapphire Beach everyone was walking down the steps. Is that timing or what?:mad:

You know, I can't remember the guys name. :confused: He was a short, slender guy with light brown, closer-cut hair. I can probably dust off one of the old Capers and find it. I hope I have him again on one of our cruises, he was really fun.

Oh yeah, worth looking up if he was fun, you could put that in the PB thread!!:)

Naturally when we were walking in to see y'all after going to Sapphire Beach everyone was walking down the steps. Is that timing or what?:mad:

Yeah I know...timing is everything...but bushwackers, beers, and french fries...any longer would have made walking back an issue:eek::p;)

Oh we're getting to St Maarten today WOOHOO!!!:D

Great review girl! I'm so looking forward to October with you guys. Sad news from St. Thomas though, apparently mountain top has burnt to the ground :eek:

http://www.stthomasblog.com/?p=2431

:eek::eek::( OMG!!! I hope no one was hurt, that sux!!!!!

Thanks Brian!! Can't wait to meet you guys either!!!:D

Steve....wake up Steve.....We still need to go to the disco.....LOL......:eek::p:D

Hey Bonnie and Steve---I like your shorter hair cut--looks good on you!!! The smiles on your faces shows it was a great cruise!!!

Hey Bonnie and Steve---I like your shorter hair cut--looks good on you!!! The smiles on your faces shows it was a great cruise!!!

Why thank you maam.He got rid of his beard when I cut my hair.And yes,it was a very happy cruise.My 2 favorite pictures of the whole week should be coming up,they were both taken in St Marten,it was a magical day:)

Off to St Maarten WOOOHOOOO love this place!! We were in port until 6PM WOOOHOO again!!!

Now remember the night before was Damian’s last night in the PB, loooooong night!!! Damian suggested Orient Beach for St M, and we were down!! Unfortunately, I didn’t find out the exact plan for the morning, except it was for around 10-11, ftlog…

When I got up the next morning, it was apparent that Jeffie, who held the secret to the plan (WHAT WAS I thinking), was not waking up!! I went to Lido, nada….I called cabins, nada again…it’s now about 11 and I was not missing St M so off the ship I go!! Then I had a brainstorm (skeery!!) and I parked myself at Sharky’s…a little open air bar shack that’s about three up from the gated port exit. St M’s has a FUN port area right off the ship, I love it!!!

I figured IF any sinnas attempted to leave the area without me, I would head them off at the Sharky’s. So I sipped my Heinies and waited patiently…

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Sweet success, here comes Damo, Bonnie, Steve, and Vickie!!!! Off we went through the market/party area to the taxi stand on the right, Orient Beach here we come!!! I’d never been to the beach areas, and this one was fantastic!!!! We set up camp on lounges at Waikiki Beach Bar and Restaurant, comfy lounges on an uncrowded beach, bar service to the lounges ;>), the sea shiny and gorgeous, WARM water WOOOHOOO, glorious place!!!

Pretty soon we were kids let loose on the playground!!! Oh! And remember that dining room song I missed?? We did our own concert on the beach....Heeeeeeeeeeyyyy........Heeeeeyyyy Baby.... OOH! AH!...Will never forget this day, and this is only part one!!

DSCF1172.jpg

DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1170.jpg

DSCF1173.jpg

DSCF1177.jpg

Pure happy...

DSCF1175.jpg

OK so now it was time to feed the kids, we were starving!! We decided to taxi back over to the Dutch side and eat somewhere closer to the ship. Off we go, and we get off on the back street, a block off the water, to go to the Guava Shop, which has all kinds of sauces made of that berry...since Jeffie wasn't with us, Bonnie or Vickie got him a present too!! He'll have to tell ya about it though, I dunno....

Then we walked along the beachfront and ended at The Greenhouse for lunch. YUMMMMMMMOOOOOO!!!!!! Gotta go there and get the mussels!!!! All the food was great, but the mussels and garlic bread were OMG good!! It is right in front of where you get the water taxi to go back to the ship, you can eat outside or in, gotta go!!!!

After we ate we had time so we started to play with Bonnie's ipod, and pretty soon we were sharing the earplugs two at a time to enjoy some tunes. You know how funny it is when people are singing to music you can't hear? LOLOL!!!! All our neighbors loved it too!!!

I will never forget how much fun this was, a highlight of an already amazing day!!!

DSCF1186.jpg

DSCF1189.jpg

DSCF1188.jpg

DSCF1190.jpg

Now it was time to get back, so we opted to walk up the road instead of the water taxi. I have no pics of this, prolly a good thing:D;), because me and Damian stayed hooked up to the ipod and danced all the way down the street....I think Vickie has pics but she's sailing AGAIN this week!!

Then we went back through the port area, and this is my favorite pic and my favorite sign....all the Crazies will know why, they got it right!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

DSCF1191-1.jpg

Here it is,my very favorite picture.This was such a magic day,I was thinking Hey,Im in St Marten with wonderful people,eating shrimp and mussles and drinking wine.Someone pinch me!My Ipod is very strange,music from all over,so I was one of the few people in the world lucky enough to see Foatie and Damien dancing on a corner in St Martento Earth Wind and Fire.And the crowning Glory was watching them a block in front of me,and all of a sudden,they were dancing and sing(loudly) Dont You Want Me Baby! Damian became just like a little kid when David Bowie came on!DSCF1186.jpg

This is my other favorite picture. Love getting a good picture when the person dosnt know you are taking their picture.Floatie,I had forgot about the Happy Hours Picture.Okay,Ill admit,most of the are my favorite,except the ones of Steve and that hooch in the brown/white bathing suit.Dont know her,she just came up and asked to have her picture taken...just sayin!This day was just rockin,awesome and I want a do over:p

DSCF1175.jpg

This is my other favorite picture. Love getting a good picture when the person dosnt know you are taking their picture.Floatie,I had forgot about the Happy Hours Picture.Okay,Ill admit,most of the are my favorite,except the ones of Steve and that hooch in the brown/white bathing suit.Dont know her,she just came up and asked to have her picture taken...just sayin!This day was just rockin,awesome and I want a do over:p

DSCF1175.jpg

OMG I forgot about being the last ones on board!!! LMAO that was a first for me too, I'm usually two hours early...:rolleyes:

What hooch, did ya erase it, I don't have no pics of any hooch in here...:p

Steve did an amazing job with the pics, this is my fave too!!!

Archived