GLORY DAYS 5/2-5/9...the human perspective!

I remember waking up around 5:30 and having a cheese sammie and some tater chips......Yum...Then right back to sleep for two hours.....I woke up and my roomie was having a real tuff time doing that....LOL.....

OK OK lmao!!!

You know how the last morning, you get your stuff together, get out of the cabin so the stewards can start getting ready for the next sail:(...and you go to Lido for that last breakfast and a good cry??:o:rolleyes:

Not this trip!!! This is the first thing I hear as I am coming awake on the last morning:

"Good Morning!!! We're now ready for passengers holding #'s 22, 23 and 24!!! Please make your way to Deck 3 for debarkation..."

We were #12.:eek::confused: It was at this point, I dunno for sure, 8am Jeffie??:eek:

This was, without comparison, the fastest debark ever!!! I threw my stuff together, we left the cabin to the announcement: "This is for you last 70 folks that haven't debarked, it is IMPERATIVE that you immediately proceed to Deck 3":eek:

It was like 8:45, ftlog!!!! I didn't even get coffee!!!:rolleyes::p

OK OK lmao!!!

You know how the last morning, you get your stuff together, get out of the cabin so the stewards can start getting ready for the next sail:(...and you go to Lido for that last breakfast and a good cry??:o:rolleyes:

Not this trip!!! This is the first thing I hear as I am coming awake on the last morning:

"Good Morning!!! We're now ready for passengers holding #'s 22, 23 and 24!!! Please make your way to Deck 3 for debarkation..."

We were #12.:eek::confused: It was at this point, I dunno for sure, 8am Jeffie??:eek:

About 8:30.....

At 9:00 AM they announced there were 70 passangers left on the ship and if you don't get your happy butts off customs might impound your luggage....LOL.....

I have never seen a ship emptied that fast in all my cruises. I usually get off at 10:00......It was amamzing.......

About 8:30.....

At 9:00 AM they announced there were 70 passangers left on the ship and if you don't get your happy butts off customs might impound your luggage....LOL.....

I have never seen a ship emptied that fast in all my cruises. I usually get off at 10:00......It was amamzing.......

It was amazing!!! And anyone that knows me will tell ya, no coffee in the morning is not a good thing:eek::rolleyes:

It was so much fun to head right over to Doubletree and reconvene!!!

And good thing we saw the lady with my luggage on top of her cart heading out the door!!!:eek::rolleyes:

What a morning!!!:p

It was amazing!!! And anyone that knows me will tell ya, no coffee in the morning is not a good thing:eek::rolleyes:

It was so much fun to head right over to Doubletree and reconvene!!!

And good thing we saw the lady with my luggage on top of her cart heading out the door!!!:eek::rolleyes:

What a morning!!!:p

I remember saying there is you suitcase and you said it was the wrong shape. Then I saw them put the same color suitcase on their cart with the orter but it was a different shape....I think that is when I said Floatie....Is that yours ?????

I remember saying there is you suitcase and you said it was the wrong shape. Then I saw them put the same color suitcase on their cart with the orter but it was a different shape....I think that is when I said Floatie....Is that yours ?????

It's a good thing one of us was awake!! I didn't have any coffee STILL at this point!!! LMAO!!!!

This was, without comparison, the fastest debark ever!!! I threw my stuff together, we left the cabin to the announcement: "This is for you last 70 folks that haven't debarked, it is IMPERATIVE that you immediately proceed to Deck 3":eek:

It was like 8:45, ftlog!!!! I didn't even get coffee!!!:rolleyes::p

HEHEHEHE....it was 9:30 for us!!!! (woke up at 8:45)LOL!!!!:eek: Some male steward (not ours, she was great and we already had a prior arangement about leaving late with her anyways)was in the hall banging on a on a metal trash can...saying wake'e....wake'e!!! LOL:eek: That wasn't for us though, we were already awake! LOL!

Even thought we were platinum, we wanted to be the last off the ship, unlike most platinum guests since we only had 4 miles to go to the hotel! There have been several cruises at different ports where we woke up early, got in line and didnt clear customs till after 10:00...not the case in Port Canaveral... they hurry you out in record time! We'll know this next time! It doesn't help going on 4 hours of sleep either!:eek:

This was the first cruise where I wasn't heading straight home...I found out I LIKE having a day or two after to go and do something else FUN!!! It helps a lot with that PCD....:rolleyes:

Getting together at Doubletree for my first cuppa COFFEE:eek:, was great!!! And heading off to Orlando for more fun was great!!!! And getting to my sister's and BIL's was great!!!

How weird is it that, after we book this cruise.... the interview in FL for a new job turns up for two days after we get back...how strange is life!!

This was the first cruise where I wasn't heading straight home...I found out I LIKE having a day or two after to go and do something else FUN!!! It helps a lot with that PCD....:rolleyes:

Getting together at Doubletree for my first cuppa COFFEE:eek:, was great!!! And heading off to Orlando for more fun was great!!!! And getting to my sister's and BIL's was great!!!

How weird is it that, after we book this cruise.... the interview in FL for a new job turns up for two days after we get back...how strange is life!!

And we got to do Lyn's Hmmmmmm....must not say which year birthday party......:D

What about the 87 year old cabbie driving off with one of mom's bags at the Doubletree..... We had to wait an additional 45 minutes after y'all left to get the bag and it was the dispatch manager that brought it to us. She said he had to go home for the day?:eek:

Dude was weezing and he really smelled kinda funky. I knew he opened a side door but I didnt realize that he put mom's carryon in the back seat of the van (I was in the front seat). Good thing that mom checked her messages at home at the hotel since that was the number listed on the bag!:eek: Otherwise, there wouldn't be a Freddy Review!:eek:

What about the 87 year old cabbie driving off with one of mom's bags at the Doubletree..... We had to wait an additional 45 minutes after y'all left to get the bag and it was the dispatch manager that brought it to us. She said he had to go home for the day?:eek:

Dude was weezing and he really smelled kinda funky. I knew he opened a side door but I didnt realize that he put mom's carryon in the back seat of the van (I was in the front seat). Good thing that mom checked her messages at home at the hotel since that was the number listed on the bag!:eek: Otherwise, there wouldn't be a Freddy Review!:eek:

Yep...Lucked out the the bags. Just lucky.....

Yep...Lucked out the the bags. Just lucky.....

We were very lucky! What did y'all think when we pulled into the parking lot and I suck my head out of the window...."Hey you sombiches!" Y'all all looked like you were shot! LOL!!! It was a definate deer in the headlights moment! LOL!!!:eek::D:cool:

Hey guys, just spoke to Damian, his Grandfather passed a few hour ago...he's waiting for more news on timing, but will probably head home to NZ on Fri or Sat...

T & P... Damian. When I talked to him yesterday afternoon he was in good spirits, but his grandad had not passed yet and he said it was day to day.

Keep your chin up.. as you said he lived a great life. We're here if you need us.

Eva,this is a great review.Thanks for putting so much time into it.It is in my favorites so I can get it when I need it,I think that will be a few times before October:).Ya know how every cruise is "the best ever?"I think this one will stay at the top of the list until the next best ever:D.I will say it again, the pig flu was very good to me! Sombich.

Eva,this is a great review.Thanks for putting so much time into it.It is in my favorites so I can get it when I need it,I think that will be a few times before October:).Ya know how every cruise is "the best ever?"I think this one will stay at the top of the list until the next best ever:D.I will say it again, the pig flu was very good to me! Sombich.

And thanks to Steve we had great pics!!! It's so much fun to review, and such sweet torture at the same time!! It was a truly magical sail, one for the books!!

After we met up again at the Doubletree, we went in and I finally got some coffee fix goin'!!! We were seven now, Vickie had to head to the airport...then all too soon, we were hugging all around and heading out...

I discovered this cruise the beauty of not heading straight home after debark. Jeffie and I were headed to Orlando to drop Damian at the airport, and then on to Clermont to visit with more sinnas, Jess (Caliber1) and DW Lyn....They had come over to Cocoa for the pre-cruise party, and Lyn did not know we were coming out there to attend her surprise birthday bash.... It helped diminish the trauma of getting off the ship!!!

On Sunday I headed over to my sister and BIL's (HeyJude and DaytonaDan) in Palm Coast, for two days. All of this happened surrounding getting called to interview on the 11th for the job I was offered yesterday!! It seems surreal!!!

After the interview, Jude, Dan and I headed to the beach in Flagler to see if we could watch the shuttle...the shuttle view was eh, but the beach was fabulous!!! If anyone is ever sailing out of PC or Jax, and wants to spend some time in a part of FL that is much the way it was 30-40 years ago, go here....Flagler Beach had hardly changed since we moved there in there in the 70's, they are militant about development......love it....

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

My darlin's HeyJude and DaytonaDan

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

Archived