Tamarind Snorkeling

jeniferlyn

We are thinking about going to Tamarind beach to snorkel and just hang on next week on our cruise. Is there an admission fee for the beach? I looked it up online and I found a resort. Is this a public beach or just for resort guests? Is there a place to rent chairs and to eat? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Tamarind is a nice small hotel, with the Deep End Bar for lunch and umbrella drinks/ beer. The food will be a bit more expensive than stateside, but the rum is cheap and it works out, lol. You can see it on visitstcroix.com.

All beaches are public here, so no worries. There is no fee for entry, however you may rent chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling equipment, etc. from a kisok on the beach.

I think you've made a nice choice, if you want good snorkelling, food, drink, and a restroom. It isn't the softest sand, or my fave beach for beauty, but a great option in light of what you want.

Hope this was helpful!

• 4 weeks later...

Jeniferlyn - Its a nice lilttle beach, very small as far as the water area goes. The sandy part is a bit larger, but still a small beach. It's nice to cool out on, have a drink, enjoy the warm tropical breeze under a palm tree. Not to great for swimming and being in the water IMO. Its rocky in the water and shallow but that depends on the tides. Sandy with pebbles and seagrass is common.

--Islander

Archived