Aqua Breakfast Menu on Dawn

rikatine

Can anyone give a detailed description of Breakfast at Aqua? I already read that you order off the menu and get some items from a buffet table. Would like to know more. If anyone can compare Aqua with the other options (not eligible for Cagneys) that would be really great too! Thanks

Can anyone give a detailed description of Breakfast at Aqua? I already read that you order off the menu and get some items from a buffet table. Would like to know more. If anyone can compare Aqua with the other options (not eligible for Cagneys) that would be really great too! Thanks

There is a menu. I don't recall seeing a breakfast buffet in Aqua. There is a buffet upstairs in the buffet area, of course.

In December, there was a small buffet set up with fresh fruit and pastries and danishes. In addition, there was the full sit down breakfast menu to order from.

The room was far less crowded, and service was quite attentive. It made for a nice breakfast experience on days when you had the time to enjoy it :) Early shore excursions can make this a non-viable option.

The buffet part was where you got your toast also. They had english muffins they toasted to order as well. They also had smoked salmon and all the fixings to go with it on the buffet. The menu had pancakes, waffle, eggs and eggs benedict. We enjoyed eating there every morning. They do ask for your room number and this one group who we had told that the room was for balcony's and above was turned away. It was never crowded in there which was great.

Thank you all for responding. Was able to find a breakfast menu for the MDR. Glad to hear confirmation that they have smoked salmon available at the "buffet" section in Aqua. Really enjoy all the little details. Breakfast is usually a favorite meal on vacation since we don't really treat ourselves in our everyday routine. Thanks again!

I agree that breakfast in Aqua was a better experience than Venetian...the servers were more attentive. The menu was the same...but, for instance, one morning in Venetian I ordered french toast & when the server brought it she immediately walked away without offering syrup. I kept trying to get her attention, but went without syrup for about 6 or 7 minutes...by that time the french toast was cold.

I never go to the

Aqua is more contemporary & smaller/more intimate than Venetian. In addition to fruit & pastries at the little buffet, they also have lox, bagels, cream cheese, capers, etc. Yum yum.

Thank you all for responding. Was able to find a breakfast menu for the MDR. Glad to hear confirmation that they have smoked salmon available at the "buffet" section in Aqua. Really enjoy all the little details. Breakfast is usually a favorite meal on vacation since we don't really treat ourselves in our everyday routine. Thanks again!

Last month the Aqua had on the menu a salmon and spinach eggs benedict, yummy.. :)

We've only cruised once and that was last Nov/Dec on the Dawn. Ate breakfast at the Aqua once. Nice. Quiet. No problems. Prefer the Buffet. Why? Maybe just me and the wife but, good food, better selection, and actually faster. Not that we were in a hurry but if you wanted more juice, etc. you just got up and got it. No problem finding a seat if you are willing to wait 30 or 40 seconds. You're also on the same deck as the pool so you can also sit there. Not to mention that you can have Sushi, pickled herring, fresh fruit, etc. ....and....have a great view of the port or the ocean. Just my opinion.........

Last month the Aqua had on the menu a salmon and spinach eggs benedict, yummy.. :)
Sounds goood. Seems like plenty to choose from.

We've only cruised once and that was last Nov/Dec on the Dawn. Ate breakfast at the Aqua once. Nice. Quiet. No problems. Prefer the Buffet. Why? Maybe just me and the wife but, good food, better selection, and actually faster. Not that we were in a hurry but if you wanted more juice, etc. you just got up and got it. No problem finding a seat if you are willing to wait 30 or 40 seconds. You're also on the same deck as the pool so you can also sit there. Not to mention that you can have Sushi, pickled herring, fresh fruit, etc. ....and....have a great view of the port or the ocean. Just my opinion.........

On our previous cruises on RCCL we ended up at the buffet for similar reasons. Guess we will just have to compare. Thanks for the details on food. Some reviews have given me the impression that the buffet was very limited without really going into detail, so your input is helpful.

Thanks to all who take the time to weigh in.

The buffet has lots of options, but huge crowds. This is the draw for eating in either Venetian, or if balcony or above, in Aqua, or suite, in Cagneys: fewer people, better service. Takes some of the crowd away from the buffet when they are spread out in the other 3 restaurants. I think it's a great idea. Some people will still go to the buffet even if they are "entitled" to eat in one of the restaurants.

I have the breakfast menu for the Venetian posted, it is much calmer than the Garden Buffet. I don't have anything for Aqua.

Thank you so much. I had already discovered your site and it is wonderful! Sent the link to my sister too, a first time cruiser, so she could see the dailies (sp?) and all the pics and menus. Thanks again for such a great resource.

Archived