Ventura Sunbeds

miss-heli

I have been reading reviews which all indicate that finding a sunbed on the Ventura is quite a challenge !

On many large boats there seems to be a problem with selfish people reserving sunbeds and only using them for maybe an hour or two throughout the day.

We found the sunbeds very squashed on the Jade last year but after some exploration we found a small deck higher up that was much quieter and we never had a problem there...........no bar....no pool and windy but hey... beds!

Are there any area like this on the Ventura ?....dont need to be on top of the action just somewhere to venture off to when the sun is off our balcony.

Any tips much appreciated.

There are indeed a couple of higher decks above the Lido deck with sunbeds - the Sun and Sports deck. The drawback with these is that a) they are not as protected from the wind as the Lido deck, and b) you're a long way from the bar (although I did see waiters patrolling the Sun deck).

Don't forget the Promenade - there are chairs out along that, and in good weather the sunny side becomes quite a social centre.

On most ships you will see a note in the daily programme asking passengers not to reserve loungers. No one takes any notice of this and I have seen people have loungers "towelled up" on both port and starboard sides so they can follow the sun all day.

David.

This really is a universal problem. We're off on Solstice later in the year and its been an issue on her to. We spent alot of time on our balcony when we were on Ventura, though we always found somewhere to sit when we went on deck. Many people did make use of the promenade deck recliners.

Janet

This really is a universal problem. We're off on Solstice later in the year and its been an issue on her to. We spent alot of time on our balcony when we were on Ventura, though we always found somewhere to sit when we went on deck. Many people did make use of the promenade deck recliners.

Janet

Janet, I'll let you know what it is like on Solstice in a few weeks.

I just pray it is not as bad as Ventura, I don't see how it could be though!

Cheers

Gerry

Janet, I'll let you know what it is like on Solstice in a few weeks.

Cheers

Gerry

Hi Gerry, I'll be interested to hear how you get on. Which cruise are you going on?

As I said we didn't have to much of a problem on Ventura as we had a nice sunny balcony. This is certain to be a problem on any big ship, it would be impossible to provide sunbeds for everyone. Its the saving when they're not being used that's annoying, but its not a problem unique to cruising.

Janet

Hi

We have just returned from a trip on Ventura and can honestly say we never had a problem getting a sunbed - even though we are late risers!!!!.We always found a sunbed even in the afternoon usually very close to a pool too!!! ( the ship was full too)The beds are very close together which can make getting on and off difficult . When you go up to the upper decks there were rows and rows of empty sunbeds!!!!! Although as the pp said they are less sheltered.

I also understand that P and O have put reclining chairs and footstools on the balconies now which should help too.

Sue

Hi

I also understand that P and O have put reclining chairs and footstools on the balconies now which should help too.

Sue

Footstool, no recliners though.

David.

Hi

We have just returned from a trip on Ventura and can honestly say we never had a problem getting a sunbed - even though we are late risers!!!!.We always found a sunbed even in the afternoon usually very close to a pool too!!! ( the ship was full too)The beds are very close together which can make getting on and off difficult . When you go up to the upper decks there were rows and rows of empty sunbeds!!!!! Although as the pp said they are less sheltered.

Sue

Thats good news Sue, I think I read that Ventura took delivery of a few hundred EXTRA sun beds a few weeks ago, looks like these have been placed around the ship and perhaps there is no longer a problem?

Thats good news Sue, I think I read that Ventura took delivery of a few hundred EXTRA sun beds a few weeks ago, looks like these have been placed around the ship and perhaps there is no longer a problem?

Presumably to accommodate a few hundred more they are now in bunk configuration,;) bottom ones for those who wish shade :D

Cb

Footstool, no recliners though.

David.

Oh thats strange - someone who was onboard Ventura posted a message on another site and stated that the reclining chairs had arrived and they were sat on one !!!!!!

Sue

On the subject of sun beds. I wonder who designed the sun bed,s on

Ventura, When you sit on the end of the bed the whole thing just

tips up. As you know there's no room to get on from the side.

Archived