Southern Carribean Cruise in September

I am booked on the Victory for the 9/13 sailing. I was contacting some independent tour operators and when I heard back I actually had 2 wish me luck for "booking in rainy season". Now I booked this knowing full well it is right in the peak of hurricane season, but weather wise is there more I should be worrying about or aware of?

I am booked on the Victory for the 9/13 sailing. I was contacting some independent tour operators and when I heard back I actually had 2 wish me luck for "booking in rainy season". Now I booked this knowing full well it is right in the peak of hurricane season, but weather wise is there more I should be worrying about or aware of?

Rainy season is supposed to be May to August, but I would think that someone who lived there would know what the weather is. We went on a ten day souther in December and it rained in Grenda and Dominica, but were only breif periods of rain and then the sun would come out.

I believe the Southern Route would probably be o.k. as hurricanes historically don't develop that far to the South. I'm guessing you leave from San Juan, though... and that could be a problem. September is actually high time for tropical development.

In rereading, I think you were asking more about "rainy season" and not necessarily "tropical development".

Ill just leave my post as is. I would check http://www.wunderground.com and check the historical weather of the places where you are going.

Rainy season is supposed to be May to August, but I would think that someone who lived there would know what the weather is. We went on a ten day souther in December and it rained in Grenda and Dominica, but were only breif periods of rain and then the sun would come out.

Actually we went round trip from Ft. Lauderdale, Aruba, Grenada, Dominica, Bonair,St. Thomas and Princess Private Island. 2 days at sea down and 2 days back.

The Victory has 7 ports. I feel it is unlikely it will rain at every port.

Rain is just a known possibility in the islands.

One cannot control it, so I believe it's best not to worry over it.

I am sailing the Victory in Sept 2009 also, and will have fun, rain or not.

Archived