First time Family on Triumph in 2 days

I have been watching this forum for months getting all my questions answered without having to even ask any and learning lots about cruising but we're boarding in 2 days and I may want to post questions while I'm on board so I thought I would register.

My wife and I once went on a cruise for our honeymoon 20 years ago and this is our anniversary cruise with our 16 and 18 year old daughters celebrating their birthdays. Plus they are each bringing a girlfriend and Grandma's along as well. Three cabins which were supposed to be nicely grouped together but our timeshare people, RCI, messed up our booking even though we had paid and our rooms were cancelled because RCI did not pay Carnival. When we got our booking re-made we were spread around different corridors but at least on the same deck. Also, RCI had us book the two parents into two different cabins with two of the girls with each of us as they said an adult had to be booked with each child but we could move when we got on board.

We thought it would be okay with the 4 girls in the cabin right across the hall from us but does anyone think there will be a problem with moving 4 girls into one room a whole corridor away from us?

First, congratulations on your cruise and anniversary! :)

Trouble with four 16 and 18 year olds? Hmmm, hard to say. If you give them "the talk" before you board about expected behavior, check in times, etc., then maybe not. Only you know your own kids well enough to judge.

Have a great time!

They require someone 25 or older in the cabin with them, so you will have to leave it that way... however, you can work on rearranging onboard, you will just have to work out the S&S cards/keys, etc. You know your kids, and you know if they will take advantage of the freedom... ship does funny things to people :D

Have a great time!

You won't be the first family to do this. Just read the girls their rights before the switch. If they behave it shouldn't be a problem but don't do any moving until after the settling in. After dinner would be a good time do the switch.

Archived