Inside the Sanctuary...

Caramel1398

Hello,

I've been doing some research on the boards about the Sanctuary on board and still have a couple questions.

First, I've been reading that you can get massages done in the Sanctuary, but are they the same price they would normally be in the spa?

Also, what other ammenitites are included with the charge for the use of the Sanctuary?

Thank you!

Caramel1398

My husband and I purchased the sanctuary option on the April 25 Sapphire voyage for $150 for the two of us for the entire cruise. Massages were not available in the sanctuary. There are warm stone chairs to lay on and different types of saunas. The $150 allowed us unlimited visits to the sanctuary throughout our cruise. They give you a robe (which you have to return) and a locker key each time you enter the spa. There were no "serenity stewards" as advertised on Princess' website. Maybe this option is available in other ships' spas. We definitely got our money's worth, but would recommend that you take a tour of the sanctuary on the first day of the cruise to see exactly what you are getting. I think it varies from ship to ship.

I think you are confusing the sanctuary with the Persian Gardens (or whatever Princess calls it). The sanctuary is a special outdoor area Princess has on select ships (I don't think it is on the Diamond/Sapphire or the Coral/Island).

The sanctuary is just a place on the ship where there is an extra charge to sit in a more private area. Since you have to pay for it not everyone will want to sit in that area. In the sanctuary there is a cabana where you can get a massage. It is the same price if you do the massage inside the Lotus Spa.

Someone else metioned the saunas and the tiled heated chairs. That is located in the Lotus Spa's Therma Room. You can get into that room by buying a full day pass for 20$ per person or a half day pass for $10 per person. They will try to sell you a pass for your entire stay. When we went they offered it for 250 for 12 days for 2 people.

We just recently got off the Ruby Princess' 12 day Grand Med Itinerary.

Hope that helps

Anthony

Archived