P&O Charter flights - Caribbean

richardj

Would like some information from anyone who has used P&O's charter flights this year. When we traveled to join the Arcadia in 2005 there was a reduced service on the plane, such as limited films which were shown on drop down screens not on seat back screens, no music channels (or games in the premium section) and poor food choice. Has this changed or is the charter service still reduced to the minimum.

Richard & Gill

I think P&O use Thomsonfly and Thomas Cook airlines. Have a look at their websites. The long haul flights are better in many cases than scheduled airlines in terms of leg room. Still think you have to pay for drinks but they do have seat back TVs now I think.

I think P&O use Thomsonfly and Thomas Cook airlines. Have a look at their websites. The long haul flights are better in many cases than scheduled airlines in terms of leg room. Still think you have to pay for drinks but they do have seat back TVs now I think.

Agree with loopyloo first part, however, drinks are complimentary.

They also use First Choice 767's, excellent, with loads of room.

Seat back TV's, you pay extra if you want more than the standard offering.

Cb

We have just done a Caribbean flight in March on Thomsonfly from East Midlands. Compared to our last one in 2006 there has been a vast improvement. The seat pitch has been increased and now there is lots of legroom and its no longer a problem. There are backseat screens with multiple selections. Food was reasonable for aircraft food and there was an adequate supply of complimentary drinks if you needed it. We were in normal economy.

Brian

We flew with Thompson fly from B'ham on our recent cruise and there were seat back TV's with films and music channels. I did not think the flight was quite up to the good sheduled airlines but it was good for a charter airline.

Chris

We travelled ThomsonFly Bhx to Barbados in Jan 09 to join Ventura.We had the bog standard seats and found them to be OK.Music Channels games and a very limitted amount of Films were available to view on your own screen in the back of the seat in front.The films consisted of mainly TV programmes but first run films were available at a surcharge.The food varied from OK to Dire.Beef or chicken was the choice for Dinner and some awful sandwiches for tea.Plenty of Complimentary Cheap wine [i'll drink anything].The choice of spirits was very Limitted . No Southern Comfort etc. We found no problem with the leg room and had a fairly decent flight.

We have just done a Caribbean flight in March on Thomsonfly from East Midlands. Compared to our last one in 2006 there has been a vast improvement. The seat pitch has been increased and now there is lots of legroom and its no longer a problem. There are backseat screens with multiple selections. Food was reasonable for aircraft food and there was an adequate supply of complimentary drinks if you needed it. We were in normal economy.

Brian

We have just had our flight confirmation and we fly to Barbados in November with Thomas Cook, Does anyone know if Thomas Cook compare well with First Choice flights with the leg room, meals, bar service and if it would be worth upgrading ?

We are flying to barbados in dec for the ventura n929a cruise ,we have a preliminary flight time from bhx [not fully confirmed by our ta yet] just wondered if anybody had any sort of confirmation on this matter ,we dont know which airline we will be using [tho we have booked with T.COOK it doesnt mean we will fly with them apparently] ,if anyone has any definite info it would be appreciated , many thanx ,

Oh dear! Its just my luck to be on the worst of the three ! Is the leg room smaller on Thomas Cook ?

The leg room has greatly improved on all 3 carriers, my assessment was based mainly seat width.

First Choice 767 seats 2-3-2

Thomsonfly 767 seats 2-4-2

Thos Cook 330 Airbus seats 3-3-3

Archived