"Sail Away" party on Mariner

loulani

My husband and I will be on the Mariner to Alaska in June. Will there be a "sail away" party; which deck and time? Will this info be in our suite the day we depart? I believe I have read that the day's activities will be printed and placed in your suite each day. Is this correct? Thank you any any information.

Hi, yes every time you leave a port whether at anchor or pier there is a gathering of like minded people on either deck 11 or 12. Yes, the days activities are published and left on your bed the night before they apply. In suite announcements are not made, except in emergency, other than via channel 2 on the TV, we found on arrival at ports of call switch the TV on as some announcements may effect you and your chosen tour or your arrangements to leave the ship, maybe you can leave the ship early to group up on the pier or quayside at the appointed time with regard to tours. Have never done the Alaska run, enjoy.

My husband and I will be on the Mariner to Alaska in June. Will there be a "sail away" party; which deck and time? Will this info be in our suite the day we depart? I believe I have read that the day's activities will be printed and placed in your suite each day. Is this correct? Thank you any any information.

When we sailed Alaska in 2002 on the Navigator we had a sail away party shortly after the life boat drill. The info was in our cabin (and I think it may have been mentioned at the life boat drill). It was on the pool deck. Waiters circulated with glasses of champagne and Alaska Sunrises (probably a Tequilla Sunrise renamed for the event) and they had a band. I'm guessing it would be the same on the Mariner.

There were also on deck sail away parties scheduled for one or two other ports but because of the weather, they were cancelled. That's just the nature of cruising in Alaska.

The list of the next day's activities will be placed in your suite when your room attendent does the evening turn down.

Enjoy your trip. Alaska is wonderful.

vickie

Archived