Just applied for our Passports!! Woohoo

jjdmom8

We just finally went and applied for our passports. Wasn't nearly are time consuming and detailed as I expected. We were in and out in less than 30 minutes! We have 39 days..intended to do it 2 weeks ago, but 11 year old came down with the Chickenpox so we had to wait until all the spots on his face were not very bad! So now I have added another countdown to my "Glory"ous vacation countdown!! Keeping our fingers crossed they arrive before we leave!

we sent off for ours 4/17 and have not received them yet... I'm getting worried.

I got mine a couple of years ago in The Great Passport Fiasco & it took 16 weeks. :( Don't worry, I'm sure it's much faster now! :)

we sent off for ours 4/17 and have not received them yet... I'm getting worried.

I'm in almost the same boat, ordered mine 4/14 and they're still processing. They said 4-6 weeks so it's still in their time frame. I still have a little over 3 weeks until we leave so I'm not too worried yet but I'm starting to get nervous.

jjdmom8, it sounds like you might be cutting it really close. Did you go with the express service for your passports?

I'm in almost the same boat, ordered mine 4/14 and they're still processing. They said 4-6 weeks so it's still in their time frame. I still have a little over 3 weeks until we leave so I'm not too worried yet but I'm starting to get nervous.

jjdmom8, it sounds like you might be cutting it really close. Did you go with the express service for your passports?

Dont worry, I got mine in exactly 4 weeks. You'll be getting them any day now.

Not yet. We were told that we can check the status online after a week and see when the expected recieve date is and expedite them then if needed. She said that it usually took a week to get the information entered online, which would be next Tuesday, but knowing me... I will start checking like tomorrow..lol

Have you checked the status online? We were told that there is a website on the instruction part of the form and you just enter your social security number...

Have you checked the status online? We were told that there is a website on the instruction part of the form and you just enter your social security number...

My daughter had her PP and the "check status online" never saw that she had ordered one.

Passports are always 5-6 weeks in the summer due to peak travel season... They always cash the checks ASAP... That doesn't mean anything for the status of your passport... I would definitely be worried as it is cutting it very close to your departure date! Call the agency and put a bug in their ear...

Archived