recycling clothing among cc members

No need for the Floataway Lounge....altho it's really nice also ;) There is a thread on this board that is for "off topics"

Sharon, received the dress this afternoon. It's beautiful.....Looks like it will fit but will try it on later. Will get your check in the mail....Thanks. Lisa, your check went out today....Thanks

So glad you liked it -- I think the color of the dress will look AMAZING with your skin tone and coloring

Sharon

Now that Larry's home from the hospital and I have the first day day off in the last 12 days, I tried on the dress to model for him that Marie sent me. They are so cute! Just need to either hem th or wear really high heels!

You'll have to excuse my appearance, I didn't do my hair and makeup today.

ImageUploadedByForums1373161206.401966.jpg.3bc572abc7736462ce8dad6e434f3e4c.jpg

Thanks again Marie!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

ImageUploadedByForums1373161159.757446.jpg.2c7a78fd8a4c90b198762ceab180ad51.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1373161180.085561.jpg.adba31555a530bb06b1e8d045c6c1ab4.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1373161192.168440.jpg.602f66beac6c6bb7917a01a5b6c667d2.jpg

Those dresses are very nice on you !!:)

I wish I was small enough to fit into Marie's dresses as they are all so beautiful !!! :):):)

but I am working on it :-) I was sick for a while and the medications had some nasty side effects - one of which was a 100 lb weight gain so I am all better now and off meds for good and back to the gym :-)

But in the meantime if anyone has any plus size dresses they would like to recycle that would be great and I promise to re-recycle :-) size 20, 22, 24 :)

Edited by cat_in_cda

But in the meantime if anyone has any plus size dresses they would like to recycle that would be great and I promise to re-recycle :-) size 20, 22, 24 :)

I have some size 24 dresses if I ever get pictures taken and get them posted. Has to be after my grandkids leave.

CJ

Lisa and Sharon, I've been to my PO Box and I am now the proud owner of 3 gorgeous dresses. Lisa the one from you fits perfectly and I work it to work with a ton of compliments. Sharon the two from you I can get on but a little snug, I'm certain they will be perfect by cruise time. I love every single one of my new dresses. Will be sending payment off to both of you on Monday. I can't thank either of you enough.

Now that Larry's home from the hospital and I have the first day day off in the last 12 days, I tried on the dress to model for him that Marie sent me. They are so cute! Just need to either hem th or wear really high heels!

[ATTACH]278245[/ATTACH][ATTACH]278246[/ATTACH][ATTACH]278247[/ATTACH][ATTACH]278248[/ATTACH]

Thanks again Marie!

Thank you Kim for posting the pictures. You look beautiful.

Take care and please say hello to Larry. I am happy he is home and doing better.

Marie

Hello,

I've been lurking on this thread for a couple of years, lol. Love to see this great exchange of friendship and friends and dresses!

I am going on a 23rd anniversary cruise with my husband in November and would like a dress to wear on Formal Night and maybe a couple of casual dresses for other nights.

I am a size 24 and would love to receive and exchange some nice things I have that I can't wear anymore right now. Size 20 - 24. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Thank you!

Suz

[ATTACH]278245[/ATTACH][ATTACH]278246[/ATTACH][ATTACH]278247[/ATTACH][ATTACH]278248[/ATTACH]

Thanks again Marie!

Those dresses are beautiful on you! They look like they were made for you...have a wonderful cruise! Debbie

Hello,

I've been lurking on this thread for a couple of years, lol. Love to see this great exchange of friendship and friends and dresses!

I am going on a 23rd anniversary cruise with my husband in November and would like a dress to wear on Formal Night and maybe a couple of casual dresses for other nights.

I am a size 24 and would love to receive and exchange some nice things I have that I can't wear anymore right now. Size 20 - 24. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Thank you!

Suz

Glad you decided to post. I only discovered it a few months ago and really enjoy it. Please post pictures of what you would like to recycle.

Scrapnana,

Thanks for the welcome! I will get some things together this week and send some pics! I'm excited! Can you explain how this works? I know the gals mail things to each other, right? Is there anything else I need to know?

Suz

Edited by treblmakr
Forgot to ask questions!

Scrapnana,

Thanks for the welcome! I will get some things together this week and send some pics! I'm excited! Can you explain how this works? I know the gals mail things to each other, right? Is there anything else I need to know?

Suz

Most people post an email address and anyone who wants the item will e-mail you. Sometimes people post on here they want something and then one will put up an e-mail. Then you e-mail each other and get the mailing information. Once the person has gotten the item they should send you a check for postage. Easy!

More plus sized tops

[ATTACH]277127[/ATTACH][ATTACH]277128[/ATTACH]

First is the sweater only not the tank ( just giving an idea of how it's worn). Size 2x Elena Solano 100% cotton very light weight 3/4 sleeve with the front a little longer than the back.

The other is Jones studio 18w satiny blouse with French cuffs.

These are also still available. Magenta321 at gmail

I just recycled (an even swap which worked out great so open to doing more of that) a few items with someone here on the boards and with great luck! This one item though did not work for me, so I wanted to offer it up.

It is a salmon colored very open weave lace top, so MOST of us (;)) would want to put a cami or tank under it.

It is a 2X and brand name is Poofs. It measures approx 46" in the chest.

It did not work for me because it has elastic around the bottom hem. The elastic is about 37" unstretched. It did not flatter me at all due to my middle. It is a nice length and I think it is meant to drape over itself at the waist level if you know what I mean. (hitch up the elastic hem by a few inches and it drapes over itself) I just looked pregnant!:eek:

It is adorable and this color is so popular right now, let me know if it will work for anyone. Reimburse me for shipping only and it shouldn't be much as it is very lightweight.

I have a ton of things to recycle; I may try to list something every day or two.

salmonlacetop_zps2d7caf7e.jpg?t=1373333174

Now this will not be to everyone's taste. I've had this outfit for a few years now and I just love it and hate to give it up even though I will NEVER be able to fit into it. I think it was worn maybe twice. It is Talbots and has a Hawaiian feel. It is a nice weight high quality linen.

It is two different sizes - so it may be tricky or perhaps we can split it up for two different people (as it is a bit in your face! LOL)

The top is a size 10 Petite (although I'm not a Petite and it fit great). The pants are a size 12. Please see measurements below. The pants are fully lined. They have a side zip with no pockets so very slimming. The color is turquoise with light and dark pink flowers. Very beautiful. The linen fabric is a nice weight and because the pants are lined, they do not wrinkle as easily.

The waist is 31.5 inches and the inseam is 25" (depending on your height, they are either full length ankle pants or cropped - and will look great either way! The pants sit more at natural waist and not a low riding waist.

The shirt is a button front. It has notches in the hem on each side and has 3/4 sleeves. It measures 22.5 inches from the bottom of the collar at back down to hem and measures 18.5 inches across chest laid flat (so approx. 37").

DSCN0143_zpsf63d13dd.jpg

DSCN0142_zps520721e9.jpg

DSCN0144_zps17544d16.jpg

debinnova at aol.com

Edited by Debinnova