recycling clothing among cc members

Good morning ladies,

Good news! Flickr is working today. Here are a few items. I am too busy this week. We are leaving again for Las Vegas on Friday to Monday for Andrea Bocelli concert. I will be shipping them next week.

Have a fantastic day.

Marie

Marie, drive carefully. They are saying possible snow up here Thursday and/or Friday, especially in the pass. Highs are only going to be in the 40s! (yes, people, for Southern California, that's COLD!)

Marie

Be careful. Yes it's going to get in freezing temps this week. We are suppose to see gusts at 40 mph but so far have not thank goodness. Highs only in mid 40 s Vegas winter is here :( good thing your not coming in today because they are shutting some of the strip down for Britney Spears arrival

The wheel now has all the pods on it so you should stop and see that

Jamie

Good morning ladies,

Good news! Flickr is working today. Here are a few items. I am too busy this week. We are leaving again for Las Vegas on Friday to Monday for Andrea Bocelli concert. I will be shipping them next week.

Have a fantastic day.

Marie

Marie, drive carefully. They are saying possible snow up here Thursday and/or Friday, especially in the pass. Highs are only going to be in the 40s! (yes, people, for Southern California, that's COLD!)

Hi Amy,

I must confess; I am the world worst back seat driver :D. My husband let me drive to everywhere. I am tired of driving to Las Vegas, we are flying this weekend.

Marie

Marie

Be careful. Yes it's going to get in freezing temps this week. We are suppose to see gusts at 40 mph but so far have not thank goodness. Highs only in mid 40 s Vegas winter is here :( good thing your not coming in today because they are shutting some of the strip down for Britney Spears arrival

The wheel now has all the pods on it so you should stop and see that

Jamie

Thank you Jamie. We are flying this weekend.

Take care.

Marie

Oh Darn, I was at work so didn't get to see the goodies...Marie, I don't know the details of your accident but am thankful that you have recovered and are enjoying life! Have a great time in Vegas. We love Andrea Bocelli! :)

Good morning ladies,

Have a fantastic day.

Marie

PS. Three years ago today I had the accident. I am so thanksful that I am a live and I can walk :):).

Edited by Princessmich

Not looking for clothing, but looking for cloth bags.

For years I left behind those beige cloth bags that HAL gave us, then I realised that they make great cushion covers for the porch benches. It is a great reminder of cruising, and a great advert for the cruiseline lol.

Well, my timing is off, as HAL have switched to those bags made from recycled paper ( same as Princess etc.)

These will not sew up at all. As they are basically paper, they rip easily.

If anyone out there have some of the original ones to spare, I would be happy to re-emburse the postage.

I need 4.

I take the bag completely apart and then sew two together. I sure wish that Princess, RCI and Celebrity had cloth bags, I would like to have reminders of those lines also.

Here is a photo of one of them made up.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

1386604022804.jpg.d07c86cde8385f4987c70bb1a1132ddf.jpg

Wow, what a great idea! You did a great sewing job too! Did you have to add extra fabric to the bag fabric?:)

No extra material needed, in fact, when you open out a bag completely it may even be too long. If you look closely you will see two seams on the pillow. I had about two inches that I did not need, so I made two pleats and sewed down them.

sorry, I do not know how to insert a photo to make viewing easier, but I guess that you have to click on the attachments to see them bigger.

the second photo shows two of them on the bench that I made for a porch. In fact, I made a matching bench and that is why I need 4 more bags.

In that second photo you can see a cushion made out of one bag also.

I guess that all of you will be making these now and I will never see a bag :D

oh yes, and you can see that I am making a table using the HAL tiles, I have the top done, but need more tiles to finish it off. Unfortunately I lost all my tiles from cruises long ago :(

But once I have the top filled, I will grout them in and then make the table base. right now it is just sat on an old wicker table.

1190912967_CopyofHALcushions.2.jpg.5133032de0d9e969798a5144af46be8f.jpg

826429349_Copyofhalcushions001.jpg.3a6ce6accb2a9aef8ed93eb782570580.jpg

Edited by bowsprit

No extra material needed, in fact, when you open out a bag completely it may even be too long. If you look closely you will see two seams on the pillow. I had about two inches that I did not need, so I made two pleats and sewed down them.

sorry, I do not know how to insert a photo to make viewing easier, but I guess that you have to click on the attachments to see them bigger.

the second photo shows two of them on the bench that I made for a porch. In fact, I made a matching bench and that is why I need 4 more bags.

In that second photo you can see a cushion made out of one bag also.

I guess that all of you will be making these now and I will never see a bag :D

oh yes, and you can see that I am making a table using the HAL tiles, I have the top done, but need more tiles to finish it off. Unfortunately I lost all my tiles from cruises long ago :(

But once I have the top filled, I will grout them in and then make the table base. right now it is just sat on an old wicker table.

You might want to post this on the HAL board. I bet lots of people there would love to see this.

Not looking for clothing, but looking for cloth bags.

For years I left behind those beige cloth bags that HAL gave us, then I realised that they make great cushion covers for the porch benches. It is a great reminder of cruising, and a great advert for the cruiseline lol.

Well, my timing is off, as HAL have switched to those bags made from recycled paper ( same as Princess etc.)

These will not sew up at all. As they are basically paper, they rip easily.

If anyone out there have some of the original ones to spare, I would be happy to re-emburse the postage.

I need 4.

I take the bag completely apart and then sew two together. I sure wish that Princess, RCI and Celebrity had cloth bags, I would like to have reminders of those lines also.

Here is a photo of one of them made up.

I am checking with my parents since they have been on a ton of HAL cruises and never throw anything out. :eek: I will let you know when I hear back from my mom.

Lisa

I am checking with my parents since they have been on a ton of HAL cruises and never throw anything out. :eek: I will let you know when I hear back from my mom.

Lisa

Thank you, and perhaps they will also make usable mementos from some of them too.

Thank you, and perhaps they will also make usable mementos from some of them too.

I heard back from my mom. She threw them out a few months back since they are downsizing and getting ready to move to Florida. Sorry I could not help.

Lisa

I heard back from my mom. She threw them out a few months back since they are downsizing and getting ready to move to Florida. Sorry I could not help.

Lisa

Lisa, thank you for trying. Hopefully I will find some somewhere.

bowsprit,

Happy to see on the HAL bard that you were able to buy some bags on Ebay.

The pillows are beautiful. Keep on sewing! Tonight I am cutting out a fancy top pattern for my next cruise.

Geo, I would like to see what you are making. I make fancy vests for my hubby.

Sorry if I have kidnopped this board for a while, but figured clothes are made out of cloth just like the bags lol

Nice to see that the generosity of the CC ladies is still going strong.