recycling clothing among cc members

Really??? It was pretty obvious who it was meant for??

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well I guess I'm just ignorant then because I had NO clue who it was meant for and was quite taken back by it as all I've seen is kindness on this site. If it was meant for just one person than why do the rest of us need to be subjected to the negativity of it?

CJ

OK, back to the fun! Tankini is still up for grabs....I bought it at Swimsuits for All and it's never been worn, only tried on. Would love for it to go to a good home.:) Size 22W....comes with a sarong (the reason I bought it)

The next thing I'm going to put up is a dress with jacket that I bought at Lane Bryant. It's an 18/20 that I wore a total of once and it was roughly two hours at a funeral. I liked it in the dressing room, but for some reason I fell out of love with it and I don't really remember why!:p It's a lightweight knit blend with a striped jacket. My email is islandgirlejfan@yahoo.com if you have an interest.

I attached a picture with me in the dress riding home in our convertible....sorry I'm not standing.

clothing3-Copy.jpg"]clothing3-Copy.jpg[/url]

1818351708_meinlanebryantdress.jpg.1dc5a353aef2d17c27c4b4634111b2aa.jpg

OK, back to the fun! Tankini is still up for grabs....I bought it at Swimsuits for All and it's never been worn, only tried on. Would love for it to go to a good home.:) Size 22W....comes with a sarong (the reason I bought it)

The next thing I'm going to put up is a dress with jacket that I bought at Lane Bryant. It's an 18/20 that I wore a total of once and it was roughly two hours at a funeral. I liked it in the dressing room, but for some reason I fell out of love with it and I don't really remember why!:p It's a lightweight knit blend with a striped jacket. My email is islandgirlejfan@yahoo.com if you have an interest.

I attached a picture with me in the dress riding home in our convertible....sorry I'm not standing.

clothing3-Copy.jpg"]clothing3-Copy.jpg[/url]

How long is the black dress? It really looks nice....however, I really don't need any more clothes....LOL

http://clothing3-Copy.jpg

I am interested in both the tanking and the dress with the striped jacket. I will email you at the yahoo address!

Just stumbled on this thread and it is awesome! I will have to see what I have that I can contribute!

I have to run to my daughter's home....we have a chance to see our grandchild during the week which is something that we don't have a chance to do often. I'm going to start with this....it's a size 22 tankini that's never worn, only tried on. I never got around to sending it back. I personally think it's on the larger side of 22. Comes with a sarong. Always thought it was awesome, but it just wouldn't work on me.

clothing4-Copy.jpg"]clothing4-Copy.jpg[/url]

Sure wish this were a size 18 or even size 20 maybe. I'm in desperate need of a new swim suit for our upcoming cruise and love this one. But the 22 is now too big for me, thus my reason for needing a new one.

CJ

Sorry I didn't answer last night. I was falling asleep here at the computer and figured getting to bed was in order! Hubby and I rode our bikes 12 miles and I guess that combined with my work day did me in! :p I've sent out an email so both of those are gone.

Ok, next up is an orange 1X Rafaella embellished top that I purchased at Lord and Taylor off the clearance rack, because I would have never paid what this blouse had as a price!:eek: We moved from NCL to Celebrity and dress code threads had me so panicked that I bought new clothing for the cruise. If you are interested, send me an email at islandgirlejfan@yahoo.com. Worn one whole time BTW. :p

clothing6-Copy.jpg

Edited by islandgirlejfan

Sure wish this were a size 18 or even size 20 maybe. I'm in desperate need of a new swim suit for our upcoming cruise and love this one. But the 22 is now too big for me, thus my reason for needing a new one.

CJ

I have another bathing suit, but that one is too big too. Worst thing about it is I just had two 18's in a bag that I took to the charity I work for. I probably could have accommodated you.

LOL....this one was too big for me! I think I kept it because I thought it would eventually fit....it never did, so I guess that's good. I've been on so many weight loss journeys that I have totally lost count. I'm low carbing again and praying that I can get off 75 pounds....as of this morning, I am officially stalled. 12 to 22 mile bike rides seem to only count for my hubby.....sigh :rolleyes:

And to those gals who were talking about living life to the fullest I just want to say H*LL yes!!

Live everyday like it's your last....seize life! Try to make your experiences positive ones. (and that can be hard for all of us) I've had two brushes with death and nothing I know will wake up up faster than hearing *You were two weeks from dying*. It's a sobering experience, trust me. I worked too hard, spent time trying to keep everyone happy (never myself!) and took everything so serious and held on WAAAAAY too tight! In the time I heard those words, I made up my mind that from there on out, it was about the people in my life and me. They still burn in my ears even today. We know not the hour, nor the day that we will go home.

I had a lady tell me that I was vivacious the other day at the market (LOL, all because I was in a two seater convertible probably acting like a school kid!). I had some FB school friends tell me that my hubby and I always look like we are having fun. I'm a receptionist at a small non profit and people have told me they can hear the smile in my voice. I'm so happy it shows because having fun is really something I try to live by.

It's not to say you can't have bad days because everyone does from time to time, but I try to think how I want my kids and grandchildren to remember me. I positively know that they will remember me as the wild woman....because fun is all around, you just have to make it! So when you are in the store and you just want to buy something fun, DO IT!! Life is way too short. Eat off the good china, embrace your children, hug your hubby just because. It's all good!

This is my hubby and I in my new goofy glasses I bought at Five Below....I bought them for the bike trail, but they work in the convertible too!;) Just a note....on my FB page, I wrote *LOL, we're out on bail!*

Keep smilin' all!

fun.jpg.03e7cf69b9a438a2da0e5ec66cd3a723.jpg

Edited by islandgirlejfan

And to those gals who were talking about living life to the fullest I just want to say H*LL yes!!

Live everyday like it's your last....seize life! Try to make your experiences positive ones. (and that can be hard for all of us) I've had two brushes with death and nothing I know will wake up up faster than hearing *You were two weeks from dying*. It's a sobering experience, trust me. I worked too hard, spent time trying to keep everyone happy (never myself!) and took everything so serious and held on WAAAAAY too tight! In the time I heard those words, I made up my mind that from there on out, it was about the people in my life and me. They still burn in my ears even today. We know not the hour, nor the day that we will go home.

I had a lady tell me that I was vivacious the other day at the market (LOL, all because I was in a two seater convertible probably acting like a school kid!). I had some FB school friends tell me that my hubby and I always look like we are having fun. I'm a receptionist at a small non profit and people have told me they can hear the smile in my voice. I'm so happy it shows because having fun is really something I try to live by.

It's not to say you can't have bad days because everyone does from time to time, but I try to think how I want my kids and grandchildren to remember me. I positively know that they will remember me as the wild woman....because fun is all around, you just have to make it! So when you are in the store and you just want to buy something fun, DO IT!! Life is way too short. Eat off the good china, embrace your children, hug your hubby just because. It's all good!

This is my hubby and I in my new goofy glasses I bought at Five Below....I bought them for the bike trail, but they work in the convertible too!;) Just a note....on my FB page, I wrote *LOL, we're out on bail!*

Keep smilin' all!

LOVE the photo!! Loved what you said. You are so right....and yes, I now live my life for me and try to enjoy every minute of it...

Keep smilin' all!

I LIKE HOW YOU THINK!!!! This is exactly how it should be. Sometimes it's hard, but I try to take a moment every morning when I first wake up and say "YES! I get to do this one more day, thank you God!"

@arhillbilly-I love your attitude and spunk!

Well I guess I'm just ignorant then because I had NO clue who it was meant for and was quite taken back by it as all I've seen is kindness on this site. If it was meant for just one person than why do the rest of us need to be subjected to the negativity of it?

I agree with you and do not think this is the place to handle all this. If you have issues take them up somewhere else. I hate seeing all this crap on here.

Let's get back to & stick to what the site was meant for. I have been upset seeing all the bad posts. I fore sure hope that Marie will continue with the lovely offerings! I will miss seeing all her outfits if she leaves.

I am so glad to see that Marie & her mum are feeling better :)

Good morning ladies,

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Please no worry; I am not going anywhere. I have never let anything get to me and I am not going to let anything get to me now. Life is good.

While in Paris I bought few handbags, new shoes and clothes. I need room for them so here are few items for you.

This is louis-vuitton-crossbody-bag. I used it on last year cruise.

9673199190_05dc5cbc19.jpg

This Gucci I rarely use it.

9673198186_d322ede08e.jpg

These are Jimmy Choo size 8 1/2

9669966323_fe31ea1f63.jpg

These are Fendi size 8 1/2

9669963983_459810cb0d.jpg

This is size M.

9669974747_01d64299df.jpg

I am going to take a shower then going to Del Mar to see a friend's horse race today. Race four #1 Life's Journey. I am going to bet a few dollar on it :).

Have a fantastic day everyone.

Marie

Good morning ladies,

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Please no worry; I am not going anywhere. I have never let anything get to me and I am not going to let anything get to me now. Life is good.

While in Paris I bought few handbags, new shoes and clothes. I need room for them so here are few items for you

I am going to take a shower then going to Del Mar to see a friend's horse race today. Race four #1 Life's Journey. I am going to bet a few dollar on it :).

Have a fantastic day everyone.

Marie

Yay! You didn't leave us! I would love to see pics of what you bought in Paris! Good luck at the races!

The orange embellished blouse has been spoken for.

Next up-I have a Worthington 2X black and white, slight drape neck...I called it my zebra blouse. It was very slimming on....always loved it, however it's too large for me now. If you still have to dress for work, this works. I wore it with size 22W Worthington black dress slacks.

If you would like either or both, email me at islandgirlejfan@yahoo.com.

clothing12-Copy.jpg

clothing9-Copy.jpg

The orange embellished blouse has been spoken for.

Next up-I have a Worthington 2X black and white, slight drape neck...I called it my zebra blouse. It was very slimming on....always loved it, however it's too large for me now. If you still have to dress for work, this works. I wore it with size 22W Worthington black dress slacks.

If you would like either or both, email me at islandgirlejfan@yahoo.com.

clothing12-Copy.jpg

clothing9-Copy.jpg

Sharon if the blouse is still available, I would love it....