recycling clothing among cc members

I think a good policy would be if you get something you recycle something of yours . That way everyone is involved and the thread is always active.

Unfortunately, not everyone has something to recycle, at least not until after the cruise they have planned.

I just instituted a new policy. Anyone received a dress or gown from me have to post a picture of her in my gown or dress.

Someone received a size 8 gown from me and a size 14 or bigger dress from other. She posted " my gown and other dress fit her perfectly :eek::rolleyes: ??? Yes, I am a bit :(:mad:.

Marie

I'm glad to say your shoes and handbags are exactly my size! :D I'm working on the dresses. They would have fit in college. God how I wish I was the size I was when I first thought I was fat. :mad:

Funny story, a kindergartener today drew a picture that was supposed to be of her and myself playing on the playground and then she labeled everything. She had it pretty much spot on - my new haircut and highlights, my scarf, sweater, leggings and boots, and I was carrying your Michael Kors bag on my shoulder and had my KC Chiefs coffee mug in my hand. They know me so well! So I have - kind of - photographic proof I put your goodies to good use!

Good rule Marie...I think I am going to adopt it as well. I know 14's can run small, but I have never seen one run that small Sending love your way!

Lisa

And Lisa! Your brown dress that I wore on Bob and my honeymoon cruise is what I'm wearing this weekend to the chamber of commerce banquet. I will rub elbows with the important people in style!

Have a blessed day, sweet friends!

Edited by heyitsmejudy

I just instituted a new policy. Anyone received a dress or gown from me have to post a picture of her in my gown or dress.

Someone received a size 8 gown from me and a size 14 or bigger dress from other. She posted " my gown and other dress fit her perfectly :eek::rolleyes: ??? Yes, I am a bit :(:mad:.

Marie

I totally agree with this Marie. I've been very disappointed when someone lets me know they got whatever item I offered, but I never get to see them wearing it. A large part of the joy of giving a gift is actually seeing the recipient using and enjoying it!

I totally agree with this Marie. I've been very disappointed when someone lets me know they got whatever item I offered, but I never get to see them wearing it. A large part of the joy of giving a gift is actually seeing the recipient using and enjoying it!

I agree - if you get something show a picture - I only got a pair of amazing Jimmy Choo shoes from Marie and I posted a picture of me wearing them :) Only natural.

I can understand someone wearing a size 8 and 10 or so forth but 8 and 14 is pushing it.

Sharon

I think a good policy would be if you get something you recycle something of yours . That way everyone is involved and the thread is always active.

I think that there are some who are on this board like to get the clothes cause they may not be able to afford certain types of clothes. I know people say well if you can afford to cruise - but some people save all year and pay monthly for a year to go on a cruise and get an inside room and with this board they can feel like a million bucks. Personally I have things I can recycle but I guess I am the one that I never really feel that everyone needs to - I just think the only rules should be (1) show what you receive; (2) don't request something that is not your size or you will never wear; (3) if you receive something if the person wants shipping costs send it - in general for me I do not want it just my way to play thing forward; (4) if you get something and if does not fit or doesn't fit right or you just don't like it on you have manners thank the person who sent it and either ask them if they want it back or offer it up to re-recycle it and also last but not least RMEMEBER TO USE YOUR MANNERS

Sharon

I think that there are some who are on this board like to get the clothes cause they may not be able to afford certain types of clothes. I know people say well if you can afford to cruise - but some people save all year and pay monthly for a year to go on a cruise and get an inside room and with this board they can feel like a million bucks. Personally I have things I can recycle but I guess I am the one that I never really feel that everyone needs to - I just think the only rules should be (1) show what you receive; (2) don't request something that is not your size or you will never wear; (3) if you receive something if the person wants shipping costs send it - in general for me I do not want it just my way to play thing forward; (4) if you get something and if does not fit or doesn't fit right or you just don't like it on you have manners thank the person who sent it and either ask them if they want it back or offer it up to re-recycle it and also last but not least RMEMEBER TO USE YOUR MANNERS

Sharon

And one more thing I'll add. Don't assume you know who gets what, or what communication may be going on. Many things are taken off the thread to work out details. For instance, I received a dress, and it fit, and I posted photos. But, upon trying it on again, I realized I just didn't have the girls to make it fit the way it should, and it looked a bit odd on me. So, I contacted the person who offered it and returned it at her request.

And Sharon, as to #3, does that mean you are never going to cash my check? LOL

Good point ! I had not thought of that .

I think it's my favorite part of this whole recycling thing. Someone gets a gorgeous dress, wears it on their cruise (and gets a great photo taken), then comes back and passes it along to someone else to enjoy. For a while, we were making sure we indicated everywhere the dress has been. I think many of these gowns are better traveled than most of us!

Wow, I just realized that I am guilty of not posting pics of me in items I received on this thread. Oops, I promise I will do better at this in the future.

Amy, here are my feet in the super comfy Skechers you gave me. I think the blue goes great with my spider veins. :D What can I say, I embrace my flaws...spider veins, flappy bat wings, whatever, it's me.:)

shoes_zps8e588107.jpeg

Marie, since your gorgeous gown did not fit I did not take a picture of me in it before I re-recycled it.

Lisa

Wow, I just realized that I am guilty of not posting pics of me in items I received on this thread. Oops, I promise I will do better at this in the future.

Amy, here are my feet in the super comfy Skechers you gave me. I think the blue goes great with my spider veins. :D What can I say, I embrace my flaws...spider veins, flappy bat wings, whatever, it's me.:)

shoes_zps8e588107.jpeg

Marie, since your gorgeous gown did not fit I did not take a picture of me in it before I re-recycled it.

Lisa

Skeches look great. Nice and comfy. I believe in embracing ones self. We are all of one race, mankind/womankind and all loved by God the same. We all change from our youth, to every time there is a season. Embrace the season.

And Lisa! Your brown dress that I wore on Bob and my honeymoon cruise is what I'm wearing this weekend to the chamber of commerce banquet. I will rub elbows with the important people in style!

Have a blessed day, sweet friends!

That's great that you are getting to wear the dress for another function! It's such a pretty color and dress on you...of course I am rather biased. :p

Lisa

Great rules! I'm guilty as well of not pictures of everything I've gotten but promise to post pictures after wearing the dresses on my next cruise. I want to take pictures when I'm all gussied up. My everyday look is pretty plain Jane and definitely won't do the beautiful dresses justice! My husband has said I'm addicted to dresses now! Makes me feel good to get all dressed up!

The dress I just got from Cindy I have in for alterations to have the top let out just a tad. It is so cute and a perfect color for me that I was so disappointed it didn't quite fit. So excited that the seamstress said it could be let out to fit.

I'm going to share items forward after I have had the opportunity to wear them or if something comes along that I think will be a better choice for me.

I do have a question though.., I have a dress I received from Marie that is a greenish gold color - what color of shoe would you wear? I'm not sure gold is the right color. The dress is really cute but I'm not sure what to do about shoes!

I do have a question though.., I have a dress I received from Marie that is a greenish gold color - what color of shoe would you wear? I'm not sure gold is the right color. The dress is really cute but I'm not sure what to do about shoes!

Can you start a new thread and post a picture of the dress (someone will think you are recycling the dress if you post it here)? I need to see a picture since you don't think gold will do.

Can you start a new thread and post a picture of the dress (someone will think you are recycling the dress if you post it here)? I need to see a picture since you don't think gold will do.

I'll post on the recyclers thread. Thanks!!

Edited by indygolfer1

I have a few items available if anyone can use them.

Whitecapri1_zpsa9e0275d.jpg

White INConcepts capris size 20W. Never worn

TealTargetDress_zps1d227bb0.jpg

Blue/Green casual dress from Target. Tag says 1 but I believe it could fit a 2X. Never worn.

BlackEveningDress_zps45238c1e.jpg

Black Cocktail dress. I think its a size 18W or 2X. It has a nice sheer overlay and the midsection is gathered so it hides flaws ;). Worn twice.

If anyone is interested please email me at ticia277@yahoo.com and put CruiseCritic/Recycle in the subject line. Have a good day!

Whitecapri1_zpsa9e0275d.jpg

TealTargetDress_zps1d227bb0.jpg

Blue/Green casual dress from Target. Tag says 1 but I believe it could fit a 2X. Never worn.

BlackEveningDress_zps45238c1e.jpg

Black Cocktail dress. I think its a size 18W or 2X. It has a nice sheer overlay and the midsection is gathered so it hides flaws ;). Worn twice.

If anyone is interested please email me at ticia277@yahoo.com and put CruiseCritic/Recycle in the subject line. Have a good day!

MsTee -

You've got mail!

The items have been claimed. ;)

I can't believe I'm just finding this thread now. This is amazing!! I would love to find a gown or regular dress to wear on our next cruise (we're taking the kids along, so I'm thinking some pic we take will be our Christmas card photo.)

I'm a typical M (I'm about 5'8) and usually wear a 10 (sometimes an 8 sometimes a 12, lol!) I saw a gorgeous green floor length dress posted previously (size 8) but I'm guessing it's gone. This thread seems to move quite quickly.

pretty much you have to be able to be on the thread during the day as a lot of things are posted early in the day and then gone within a very short timeframe .... I have not seen too much being posted in the evenings after the work day is done :-( but what I was able to see they were very very very pretty gowns and Marie's gowns are so beautiful and she is a very generous soul on this board :-)