Kids in Karaoke Lounge

Does anyone know if kids...(teens) are allowed in the karaoke lounge. I know mine would enjoy listening to the singers and auditions so I was wondering if anyone had noticed if kids were allowed in there or in any other lounges with their parents.

Yes, kids are allowed the the karaoke lounge.

In fact, most of the karoke performers are kids.

countdown.pl?name=bead_dazzled&date=6-7-2009&image=Greece&text=&ship=Carnival Conquest

Carnival Festivale - 03/18/89

Disney Wonder - 03/08/03

RC Rhapsody of the Seas - 07/01/04

Carnival Esctasy - 06/11/06

Carnival Conquest - 03/18/07

Carnival Conquest - 06/08/08

Carnival Ecstasy - 12/18/08

The only lounge I saw any strict age restrictions on was "Beauties", the disco/nightclub. That was strictly 18 and over. All others I believe were OK as long as they were not acting up and their parents were with them. It shouldn't be a problem but that's far from a guarentee.

My dd 17 was with us every night in karaoke. Only sang twice the whole 7 day cruise cuz she's embarassed to sing but they had no issues with her being there. There was actually a girl about 13 that was allowed to sing with the "adults only" session so they may be lenient.

They are pretty lenient about it - basically - they want you to know that after a certain time, it will be adult in nature - like after 10pm is where I might choose to sing.. say... 'why don't we get drunk and screw'... if you're okay with your kid listening to that, then it isn't a problem. I think that folks will only be chased out if they are being desruptive.

Personally speaking, I don't enjoy going to karaoke, especially later in the evening around 10 or 11 pm at night and having kids in there.

I'm in there to have fun, enjoy my drink, and listen to the drunk adults try to sing. Nothing kills my buzz more than anything than a kid getting on the stage and now trying to sing Brittney or Alicia Keys or any number of these artists I can't stand.

On the Liberty, there were no kids in there after 10 pm. Honestly though, I don't think I would want my kids (if I had any) in there after 10. It was a little wild! This was just my experience though.

Well I just got back from the Elation cruise and gotta say I would not want any children in there to hear some of the things that were sung. OMG! A group on women were on stage singing some pretty raunchy lyrics. Changing the words of songs like "hit me with your wet ____" instead of Hit me with your best shot. OMG. I saw some people enter with kids the next night after "adult" karaoke started and I suggested they might not want to stay. During family karaoke, they didn't really even want adults singing unless you were with your children. Family karaoke was 7-9 and 9-11:30 was adult karaoke and they asked that those under 18 leave due to the nature of the songs being played.

Ahh...the Elation had the BEST Karaoke. Correct, it is no place for kids! When we went on the Splendor cruise, I was expecting the same atmosphere as the Elation. Imagine my surprise to go in and find 9 year olds singing, "The Lion Sleeps Tonite". Can you say buzz kill?:rolleyes:

I think they are usually pretty clear about when kids aren't allowed. It wasn't karaoke, but for one of the late night comedians, one of the assistants had to ask a family to take their kids out. They announced over and over again that it was time for the kids to leave, adult only, going to get crass, etc. and the kids behind us (8 and 10 or so) kept asking their parents if the should go... the dad kept saying, "no, you can stay. Don't listen to that." Finally, they left but only after being personally asked by one of the assistants!

Archived