cruisinmama - Independence question

Kat2569

I just saw that you just recently have been on the Independence. We just got off the Freedom of the Seas 2 weeks ago. We are thinking to book the Independence out of Fort Lauderdale in December. I believe both ships are the same class, are they pretty much comparable to each other? Did you like cruising on the Independence. We will be again travelling with our than 3 year old son. On our last cruise he was not old enough for the kids programs. Any advice on this ship?

EXACT same - different art work and bed spread accent colors. Other than that...being on one is like being on the other. :D I think the crew was pretty darn friendly on Indy. They were good on Freedom but they were GREAT on Indy.

The only real diferences between the two - electric tea kettles in the cabins (since it's home port is in the UK). And the pool is SUPPOSE to be heated. But they were freezing the week we were on them. I was told because we were cruising in the Caribbean, they didn't need to be heated. :rolleyes: Freezing. It was 62 degrees outside "in the Caribbean" in February. There was no way we were swimming in cold water too.

Other than that, loved the ship.

Archived