Is this going to work?

SisZ

We are scheduled to arrive in Miami, at 1145, and Celebrity called and left a voice mail that we absolutely cannot board until 130pm. So, my husband is in Europe on business and I don't know what to think...but Celebrity wanted us to know there is no passenger waiting area, or something like that.

Well, doesn't the cruise leave out of Fort Lauderdale? Why would we fly into Miami? The travel agent, who did not do our flights, said this is pretty common, especially since we used frequent flyer miles....

Should I be freaking out, :eek:

or will we be OK?:cool:

Thanks!!

What ship.

What sail date.

Someone would know if the ship needed some emergency repairs that may delay general boarding.

As a general rule the boarding starts about 11:30 am.

The time from the airport to the pier is at least 20 minutes.

Someone also who has used Miami to board should know if there is a waiting area.

Millennium, 12/26...

But it was Celebrity that called and said we wouldn't be able to get

on the ship until 130. They wanted us to know that, because, they

said, there is no passenger waiting area there...(at least, that's what

the voice message said)

(1) We are scheduled to arrive in Miami, at 1145, and Celebrity called and left a voice mail that we absolutely (2)cannot board until 130pm. So, my husband is in Europe on business and I don't know what to think...but Celebrity wanted us to know there is no passenger waiting area, or something like that.

Well, doesn't the (3) cruise leave out of Fort Lauderdale? Why would we fly into Miami? The travel agent, who did not do our flights, said this is pretty common, especially since we used frequent flyer miles....

Should I be freaking out, :eek:

or will we be OK?:cool:

Thanks!!

(1) You are flying into Miami at 11:45

(2) You cannot board till 1:30

(3) Your ship leaves from Ft. Lauderdale

By the time you get your bags and travel from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale it will be about 1:30, so there is no problem. :D

Thank you, Char!! Is that unusual, to fly into Miami and leave from Fort Lauderdale?
Not unusual at all. Sometimes the fares are better to one airport or the other (or FF seats are only available) and many people make the trip to/from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale for their cruises. There are busses and limo services that make the 45 minute to an hour run (depending on traffic and road construction) all the time.

Don't know about not having any waiting area at the Ft. Lauderdale port--last time we were there, there was plenty of waiting room. Maybe it has something to do with security issues.

Thank you, Char!! Is that unusual, to fly into Miami and leave from Fort Lauderdale?

Hi Sisz !

No, not unusual, but Ft Lauderdale would have been a better choice to Fly into, as the pier is only a few minutes away from the Ft Lauderdale Airport.

Depending on traffic, it will take you about 45-60 mins to get from the Miami Airport to the Ft Lauderdale Pier.

The ship does not leave until 4:30 (that should be the correct departure time), so you should have no problems at all.

Millennium is a great Ship. Enjoy your Cruise.

Regards,

Andy

I am confused with your original posting.:confused: I checked the

Celebrity catalog and your 12/26 cruise on the Millenium leaves from

Ft. Lauderdale. Why are you flying into Miami rather than Lauderdale?

Also, I have sailed on many, many cruises from Miami, Ft Lauderdale,

Vancouver, Los Angeles, etc. etc. and I have never been to a cruise

terminal that DID NOT have a waiting room area for passenegers

waiting to board. I suggest you call Celebrity customer service and

clarify this whole thing. Somehow it seems that you are getting bad

information from somewhere.:eek:

SisZ, It is quite common - as common as flying into Dulles or Baltimore to get to Washington DC instead of flying into Reagan. If memory serves, the airport in Miami is around 30 miles from Ft. Lauderdale.so it isn't that far. It is especially common when looking to book at a good price or on frequent flier miles.

Sisz:

Did Celebrity book the air for you (as it sounds since they called you). If not, do you have arrangements to get from Miami airport to the FLL pier? BUT if they are providing the ride to FLL why would they call you and tell you not to arrive early since there is no seating.:confused:

Since your husband is in Europe, are you traveling by yourself? If so, be sure to call Celebrity and get it straightened out to your understanding before you leave home.

Something is weird! Good luck! Let us know how things came out! :)

The only Frequent Flyer seats we could use were flying into F.Lauderdale,

the TA said it was like flying into Midway instead of O'hare-so we took it.

I am really confused about the passenger area waiting message. The caller

seemed concerned about us having to wait around, because there will be no

boarding until 1:30.

I have never been on a cruise, so I am imagining we will be waiting around, holding our luggage on some pier, somewhere...waiting for a man to open some

door so we can enter the ship.

I don't mind any of that, I just wondered how usual it is for the company to be

concerned about us.

(and really, what I suspect is that my TA made the whole thing up. when I read the reviews of the ship, it sounds as though there is some sort of holding area with chairs.)

Almost all European travellers fly into Miami even if the ship goes out of Fort Lauderdale. Not unusual at all.

All of the piers we've seen (exception San Diego) had waiting areas (or holding pens). But that can't hold 2000 pax that all show up at the same time, hence the warning.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry, be happy.

Archived