clear kayak, etc. excursion

mermaidchica

first time cruiser here....

curious if anyone has done (relatively recently) the Clear Kayak, Snorkel and Gumbalimba Park excursion (listed with Carnival).

We are definitely not experienced kayakers or snorkelers.

I'm interested in your reviews, thoughts, opinions, and other ideas. :)

thank you!

I have not been there, but will be in December 09 with Princess. I may do this excursion also, you can also use a tour on your own but not sure if it's a good idea or not. From what I've seen when searching on-line, it appears to be an open kayak, almost just like a rowboat but shaped like a kayak. It looks fun but you do have to row with a double sided kayak type oar so there would be activity involved.

first time cruiser here....

curious if anyone has done (relatively recently) the Clear Kayak, Snorkel and Gumbalimba Park excursion (listed with Carnival).

We are definitely not experienced kayakers or snorkelers.

I'm interested in your reviews, thoughts, opinions, and other ideas. :)

thank you!

We are going on this excursion on the June 14th Valor. I will pop back after trip and let you know how it was.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the clear kayak excursion with www.ronystours.com of Rony's Independent tours. My husband and one kid in a kayak and me and another kid in another kayak. It was awesome. We went to a beautiful beach and kayaked around for an hour, then Rony helped us rent snorkle gear and watched our stuff while we snorkeled in the reef that we had kayaked over. It was great because we knew right where we wanted to go. The beach (I believe it was West....something?? beach) was beautiful. The prettiest of our cruise. The kids made sand castles and played. Rony took us to a little local place that served shrimp and plantains (for me and the kids) and my husband who loves local foods, had ox-tail stew(we all loved it). I loved the personal attention and the flexibity. I highly reccomend it.

Archived