How do we check if ship is full?

CRUISING71

You can try to pretend you are doing a new booking on carnival.com - and see if it let you select cabins. But it will not show you if there is group space still being held that hasn't sold yet.

Checking different websites will not tell you if aa ship is full. It will only tell if all of the cabins allotted to each particular site, including Carnival are gone. You will have no way of knowing beforehand if a ship is full unless it appears on the Carnival website as all "SOLD OUT" when you search a cruise.

Cruiselines do not "sell out" all of their cabins. There are always a few cabins left over for emergencies. Also, cruiselines sell out their lifeboat capacity which is, not every seat in every lifeboat.

Any cabins that are sell-able as the cruise date nears that have not sold are usually offered to Carnival employees for port charge and tax.

I would wage that a 96-97% full is considered sold out.

My first cruise after UI booked it I went back on Carnival to check something(can't remember what) but when I went to look the cruise dates were no longer there.:eek:

I then called and asked a question and was advised that it normally happened when the cruise is sold out( and it was)

My first cruise after UI booked it I went back on Carnival to check something(can't remember what) but when I went to look the cruise dates were no longer there.:eek:

I then called and asked a question and was advised that it normally happened when the cruise is sold out( and it was)

If your originally booked on-line through carnival, and then went back to check prices.....you have to log yourself out. The Carnival web-site won't let you look up your cruise if you are logged in or your "cookies" are still there.

You can check Travelocity dot com and search under "cruises" and look for your cruise and it will have a link of the ship and you can see the diagram of the ship and click from deck to deck and see what rooms are still available or filled. I've seen where there are 2 cabins left.

Archived