Family of 5 - Open Dining question

If there are five of us, will we have to share a table in open seating? :confused:

I am hoping not, as I have two kids and grandma with us. My kids are used to civilized eating, but behavior invariably deteriorates with an audience (it's like they know mom won't unleash in front of strangers...).:eek:

I would hate to feel self-conscious managing any rough patches with the kiddos in front of strangers. I think they will do just fine, but I don't want the pressure of worrying about somebody else's dining experience.

Open seating makes sense for us because it gives us flexibility based on our kids' hunger/fatigue level. However, sharing a table would negate that benefit.

Thanks in advance for your help and input!

If there are five of us, will we have to share a table in open seating? :confused:

I am hoping not, as I have two kids and grandma with us. My kids are used to civilized eating, but behavior invariably deteriorates with an audience (it's like they know mom won't unleash in front of strangers...).:eek:

I would hate to feel self-conscious managing any rough patches with the kiddos in front of strangers. I think they will do just fine, but I don't want the pressure of worrying about somebody else's dining experience.

Open seating makes sense for us because it gives us flexibility based on our kids' hunger/fatigue level. However, sharing a table would negate that benefit.

Thanks in advance for your help and input!

No, with five of you traveling together as a family group, you will be put at a 6-seater table, and the maitre d' will be smart enough not to inflict your children on a poor solo cruiser.;)

The 3 of us always requested a table to ourselves, and never had problems getting a table for 4. Occasionally we had to wait, but with the beepers HAL gives us it was easy to walk over to one of the lounges.

Archived