Trip Insurance ? re: Airfare...

Sammy*

Cruise newbie here.....I'm looking at the trip insurance options through Insuremytrip.com. The one I'm considering is Travel Lite. I'm not clear however, if the cost of airfare is included in the coverage....? Anyone know how this might work?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Sammy

I don't think I can answer your question but I have heard of people having trip insurance canceling their cruise only to find out that the airfare is not covered. My wife and I are in our fifties in excellent health and have done three great cruises without trip insurance. However, I did purchase air for three to Germany next May and had the options to take out the insurance. Since some of the air carriers have some cash flow problems I spent the extra $25 on the air insurance. Also remember there are some travel agencies out there that push travel insurance. The bottom line is they make $$$ off it. Its a decision only you can make. I hope this helps.

Norwegian Sky Alaska 05/03

Norwegian Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Meditterean 05/04

I also include the airfare in the price of my cruise. I have never used Travel Lite but the other carriers I've used on insuremytrip.com include the airfair if you include it in the price of the trip. I make sure it includes airline failure before I buy it.

If you are refering to the Travel Lite product from Travelex you would add the cost of your airfare to the total cruise price. It should ask you which airline you are traveling on. Make sure airline you are flying is covered. Right now I know they are not covering USAirways. They have a list on their website.

Hope this helps.

mcboo

Archived