Safety deck on balcony rooms on Valor? Any pics?

cmlmich

My wife was talking to someone at her work and he told her that with a balcony room that there is a extended deck or platform that is in front of your balcony so if someone falls over the railing that you won't fall in the water....does anyone know if this is true or not? I thought I saw someones pics on here from the balcony and I saw water washing up onto the balcony and I didn't see any extenison that he was talking about. Does anyone have pics from the balcony to show me??

I told her that I didn't think he coworker was right.

Thanks

My wife was talking to someone at her work and he told her that with a balcony room that there is a extended deck or platform that is in front of your balcony so if someone falls over the railing that you won't fall in the water....does anyone know if this is true or not? I thought I saw someones pics on here from the balcony and I saw water washing up onto the balcony and I didn't see any extenison that he was talking about. Does anyone have pics from the balcony to show me??

I told her that I didn't think he coworker was right.

Thanks

Water washing up on the balcony:confused: Good lord then the oceanviews had submarine view:p The only water I saw on my balconies was from either rain or employees washing it down......

No safety deck below either.....if you choose to jump you might hit a few lifeboats on the way down, but that is about it........

• Administrators
if theres water washing up on the balcony, you better abandon ship!:eek:

If there's water washing up on the balcony, it's probably too late for the lifeboats!

Balcony cabins don't have a "safety ledge" in their design, if that's what the OP means, though sometimes there's a roof of some structure below, or a graduated deck structure, or lifeboats, immediately beneath balconies. That said, I'm unaware of ANY situation in which someone has "fallen" over a balcony railing in the absence of a) intentional action (jumping over, or maybe criminal action by another), or b) utter foolishness (all too often, alcohol-impaired foolishness), like sitting on the balcony rail, or trying to climb from one balcony to another -- the kinds of things that are regularly reported from Daytona or Panama Beach land-based hotels during spring break weeks. Balcony rails hit me about ten to twelve inches above my waist, and I'm 5'10" -- I can't imagine any scenario in which I could "fall" over one, unless I was doing something dumb at the time.

Archived