Update on Enchantment CD, Marc Walker

Question came up in a thread about Marc's presence on Enchantment on a future cruise, so I shot him an email to find out what the word was. sadly, this is the response. I'm happy for him, but sad for all of us RCCLers who will miss him.

Hi Karina,

Nice to hear from you. Yes i do have some news which you may share with CC. I am leaving RCL in 3 weeks to join DCL. My final cruise will be June 8-13. I then take 10 days off and join the the Disney team for training. My position will be CD in Training on the Magic for my first contract ( they don't throw you in immediately as they need to teach all new employees the Disney traditions etc etc ). I live in Orlando so i can be home more regularly even when on the Magic. It will be sad leaving here after 13 years but there is always a chance i may return : )

Very interesting thanks for the update. We had Marc on Enchantment right after the return from Panama. I think I like him as a CD, but his activities staff was not as good as some of the others we have had. I wonder if the missed ports had anything to do with encouraging his decision?

anyway to find him on face book? He encouraged us to look him up the other day, but there are a million Marc Walkers

I'll check with him and post back. Bear in mind that his schedule is erratic and I don't know when he'll be able to get back to me so it might be a few days til I have an answer for you.

Here's who will be coming in for him after he's gone:

FYI if you want to know who is replacing me, it's Warren Melhuish for 2 weeks, then Rico Du Breil until September i think, then Paul Rutter.

Marc was our first CD we had experience with on RCCI. We were loyal Disney cruisers and came to Royal with a 40 person family reunion and very much apprehension about trying a different line other than Disney. We were positive we would hate it.

Marc helped us love Royal Caribbean and gave us a great first impression.

Since then, we have sailed 4 more times with Royal and have one booked for the future.

Thanks so much, Marc! We had hoped to sail with you again sometime in the future...maybe this time, we will go back to Disney!

One more from marc:

Pls tell the boards that when i join the Magic i will be behind the scenes for up to 6 months training so i will not be acting cruise director...i read that someone is cruising on there when i am there but they won't actually see me.

And, for those who might be interested, he has a Youtube site:

http://www.youtube.com/user/markymarcseventytwo

Archived