Anyone ever send an email to Royal and get a response?

I sent an email 2 days ago about a concern I have regarding my cruise next week and have yet to receive a response. I got an email right after I sent it and it said allow 48 hours for a reply. Well, it's been longer than that and frankly, 48 hours is too long. If it takes them that long to respond to a simple non complex email, they need to hire more staff.

Not good customer service in my opinion. Not good for a first time Royal cruiser.

They will respond. I've noticed lately that it takes about 3 to 4 business days. If you are looking for a more direct answer then putting in a call to customer service might be the way to go.

I sent an email 2 days ago about a concern I have regarding my cruise next week and have yet to receive a response. I got an email right after I sent it and it said allow 48 hours for a reply. Well, it's been longer than that and frankly, 48 hours is too long. If it takes them that long to respond to a simple non complex email, they need to hire more staff.

Not good customer service in my opinion. Not good for a first time Royal cruiser.

If been in contact with them many times via email and always got a respond, but it can take a few days. Email is not the way to go for last minute questions.

They do reply within 3-7 days depending on the complexity of the request/email. They get thousands of email a day so I would cut them some slack.

just call customer service and ask your question- you would get a response asap that way- we have emailed and gotten a reply in 3-7 days as well- since it was a no big deal type question i wasnt worried about how long it took to get an answer- :)

or you could post your question here and see if anyone else has been there done that = can answer you :)

There is quite a bit of evidence that they do respond to all emails though perhaps not as quickly as you would like. I am sure that adding staff to handle this task might speed their response time, but in this economy do you really expect them to be hiring additional personnel? It would certainly be good customer service but the cost might be more than they are willing or able to absorb at present. Be prepared to receive initially a standard, stock response to your inquiry but they may follow up with a response more specific to your question. If your question is about something vital and time is of the essence, a phone call is most likely your best option.

I emailed them last week to try to reserve a table near a window for dining.

The following day received three emails.

1) Your request has been received and forwarded to the Maitre'd.

2) Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International Dining and Special Services

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once your client arrives for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International!

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

3) Good Day,

Your request has been confirmed by the vessel.

So yes, in my limited experience they seem a lot better at reponding than most.

I wrote a lengthy e-mail to RCCI President Adam Goldstein (agoldstein@rccl.com) regarding the fact that Explorer of the Seas has known propellor issues (due for dry dock at the end of the year) and has been missing ports because the ship has been going too slow.

We are booked for Explorer from NJ on a 9 night New England/Canada cruise in the fall, and I just voiced my concern that although they have a contract that says they can miss ports if needed that I thought it unethical to do that if you have a known problem with a ship and aren't repairing it.

I got a PHONE CALL the next day (I included my info in the email) from Mr. Goldstein's Executive Assistant, reassuring me that the ports were so close together for our cruise that no ports would be missed unless weather was inclement enough that we couldn't stop there. I did identify myself as a loyal to Royal person, and we are shareholders of RCI.

I was surprised they responded that quickly.

If your question is just a general one, you can always ask it here. If not, I would call them.

I sent an email on 5/13 with a question that I had about our August sailing, and received a generic "will get to you asap" that day. I got my answer on the 19th. I did not think it was too long to wait for an answer.My sailing is pretty far off still, so I did not expect to be of highest priority.

I emailed them last week to try to reserve a table near a window for dining.

The following day received three emails.

1) Your request has been received and forwarded to the Maitre'd.

2) Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International Dining and Special Services

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once your client arrives for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International!

3) Good Day,

Your request has been confirmed by the vessel.

So yes, in my limited experience they seem a lot better at reponding than most.

E-mails to dining almost always seem to be responded to very quickly....obviously different department.

Thanks guys!

I would just think that someone as large as Royal they would respond quicker.

I work for one of the largest airlines in the world and our response time is required to be under 12 hours.

It's all good though........... I just needed to lower my expectations.

Thanks again! :)

It depends on how your email is worded. If you're ranting and raving and full of complaints you can be sure that the delete button is hit very quickly. If you write a nice civilized letter there is a good chance that they will follow up with a phone call which is far more personal than email. I've also received a phone call from Mr. Goldstein's office and had an issue very nicely resolved.

It depends on how your email is worded. If you're ranting and raving and full of complaints you can be sure that the delete button is hit very quickly. If you write a nice civilized letter there is a good chance that they will follow up with a phone call which is far more personal than email. I've also received a phone call from Mr. Goldstein's office and had an issue very nicely resolved.

It was an email with questions I had in regards to my reservations...there was no ranting or raving.

Wow....hitting the delete button without responding, that's classy!

While I'm sure you'll get your reply soon, may I suggest that you ask US your questions. I'm sure someone (probably MANY someones) will know the answers!

And you'll probably get the answers in less than the 12 hours allowed by your airline. :D

While I'm sure you'll get your reply soon, may I suggest that you ask US your questions. I'm sure someone (probably MANY someones) will know the answers!

And you'll probably get the answers in less than the 12 hours allowed by your airline. :D

Hey Thanks!

I know I could ask the questions. Majority of them have been answered already. I have nothing in hand from them as far as documents go, nothing that confirms the soda & wine packages I bought and I would like to get something. I have my confirmation numbers and that is it. So.....with that said, I am a little frustrated.

As mentioned before, the email was very nice and professional and I am curious as to why I cant get anyone to respond?

Thanks again.

E-mails to dining almost always seem to be responded to very quickly....obviously different department.

I sent an email yesterday (5/21) regarding a dining request and I haven't gotten any response yet. I guess the long holiday weekend doesn't help. I'll try to be patient.

I sent an email yesterday (5/21) regarding a dining request and I haven't gotten any response yet. I guess the long holiday weekend doesn't help. I'll try to be patient.

I've had replies back in as little as 5 minutes and up to a few days. Hang in there it'll come.

I've had replies back in as little as 5 minutes and up to a few days. Hang in there it'll come.

I wasn't quite sure how close to my cruise I should send the request. I settled on two weeks out. I hope it works.

I wasn't quite sure how close to my cruise I should send the request. I settled on two weeks out. I hope it works.

2 - 3 weeks prior to your cruise is perfect. If you don't hear from them in a couple of days send another email. I'm sure the Holiday weekend will slow things down.

2 - 3 weeks prior to your cruise is perfect. If you don't hear from them in a couple of days send another email. I'm sure the Holiday weekend will slow things down.

That's what my husband said. If I don't hear from them by about Wednesday, send another email.

Had my first cruise on Royal last summer- did not get responses to questions I had that I sent via e-mail (not ranting and raving, I assure you). I did get responses from the people on this board. I enjoyed the cruise enough to book another one for this summer- but now I am using a travel agent. I did not enjoy dealing with RCCL customer service,although the cruise experience itself was really fun.

Archived