tour company for Saquenay Port

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just returned from this cruise route last night. There is a hop on-&-off buses in town, that take you to the major sites of the city for only $10 for a daily pass. They run for every 15 or 30 minutes.

This is a very small town, you can visit most of the major sites by this bus. Well worth the money!!!

We rented a car and drove to the Baie-Éternité area of the National Park, which takes just under an hour. The hike we did was just under 2km, and was nice, but not amazing scenery. I think the longer hikes are more beautiful.

http://www.sepaq.com/pq/sag/en/

Then we went to the Mars River Canyon 'Centre Plein Air Bec-Scie' where we did a 3km round trip hike to see a waterfall. It's only about 10 mins drive from the port, and very beautiful and highly recommended.

http://www.ville.saguenay.qc.ca/tourisme/Outdoor+and+Adventures/aventure/liste_activites.htm?contenu=aventure/point.htm&lang=en

Just check if the 'hop-on hop-off' bus is operating. I emailed the tourist authority about it, and on the day we were there it was running that day as the Eurodam was in, but officially it had already stopped for the season on 6 September.

I'm not certain if it runs every day there is a ship in, or not.

Just check if the 'hop-on hop-off' bus is operating. I emailed the tourist authority about it, and on the day we were there it was running that day as the Eurodam was in, but officially it had already stopped for the season on 6 September.

I'm not certain if it runs every day there is a ship in, or not.

Thanks for the info. I just found a link for the Saguenay Hop On Hop Off and called an 800 number listed there (1-800-463-6565). The man who answered informed me (in English) that they continue to run the buses on days when cruise ships are in port. I told him we would be there on the Crown Princess on October 21 and he said they would definitely be running that day. Also, he told me they take US money and the tickets are $15 US.

We just returned from this cruise route last night. There is a hop on-&-off buses in town, that take you to the major sites of the city for only $10 for a daily pass. They run for every 15 or 30 minutes.

This is a very small town, you can visit most of the major sites by this bus. Well worth the money!!!

Can you tell me a little more about the tour? Was there an English-speaking guide? Was the bus heated? What were some of the must-see sites where it stopped? We're signed up for "Chicotimi Highlights" on the Crown Princess, but I'm wondering if we might be able to see more and have more choices with the HO HO bus tour.

Foxeysandy,

There are two different buses that go on different routes.

First bus goes to Chicotimi that has three stops. a church (I don't remember the exactly the name), a little white house and a paper museum. This route is longer than another route. I suggest you do this in the morning.

Second bus goes La Baie that has two stops.

We took the Chicotimi in the morning, and returned to the ship for lunch. Than we took the La Baie route. This tour bus covered most of the sites in Saguenay. It was super easy to do it by youself, and it only cost us $10 (canadian fund) per person.

I personally would not spend a lot of money on the tour in this city, because it was not much to see!!

Foxeysandy,

There are two different buses that go on different routes.

First bus goes to Chicotimi that has three stops. a church (I don't remember the exactly the name), a little white house and a paper museum. This route is longer than another route. I suggest you do this in the morning.

Second bus goes La Baie that has two stops.

We took the Chicotimi in the morning, and returned to the ship for lunch. Than we took the La Baie route. This tour bus covered most of the sites in Saguenay. It was super easy to do it by youself, and it only cost us $10 (canadian fund) per person.

I personally would not spend a lot of money on the tour in this city, because it was not much to see!!

I've got some questions about the HOHO also. Is the $10 Canadian for each of the HOHO routes or a total for both? :rolleyes: Does the Chicotimi bus go to the Fjord Museum? Is the bus heated? Is there both a driver and a guide on the bus?

Also, was there a big crowd from the ship trying to get on the bus at once? And, last but not least, was language a problem?

Thanks!

Hi Alabama ghost,

The price if for both route. It is an unlimited daily pass, and you can ride as many times as you want. There is a guide and a bus driver in the bus, and they speak English. Therefore language is not a problem. I am not sure the bus is heated or not. I am not sure the Fjord Museum, but there is a old paper museum in Chicomti. I am not sure they are the same or not.

Just FYI:

These bus did not run round-trip route.

For example, Chicomti Route: there are 3 stops -A, B, C on outbound trip. They go from the pier to Stop A, B, and then C. On the return trip (inbound), they just go from Stop C to the peir. THERE ARE NO STOPS IN BETWEEN.

Archived