Inside cabin on the Sky

Napi's Mom

Here's a photo of how our cabin looked for 4 (yes it was cramped LOL---but we had a blast)

These photos are a couple from my Sky-Alaska folder at Webshots (link in my signature)

Wow. Glad we only have 3 this time. :) I don't think there is a way to not have a blast in AK.

I know all the ships are different, even within the same cruise line, but other than Disney (much more pricey and significantly larger cabins), Princess had the most comfortable interiors for 4 people. The layout was so much better than the other ships we have been on. On the Sapphire Princess, we had 2 adults and 2 teens and did not feel crunched during the week.

The Sovereign of the Seas interior was so small, I felt a little claustrophobic and it was just DH and me.

The Explorer of the Seas was quite a bit better and was fine for 4, but was still not as good of a layout, even though it had a couch which the Sapphire Princess did not.

For the Sky, we went with a Superior Interior hoping the few extra square feet would make it better. Luckily, we have a cabin for 4, but only 3 of us, so DS will sleep in the Pullman and we won't have to climb over anyone, just bump our heads into him. :D

So, that being said, 4 is definitely doable, as long as you get along OK. ;)

Agreed the insides on the Caribbean Princess seemed considerably larger than those on the Sky.

On the Caribbean Princess we had 2 beds on each wall...It looks more comfortable than the 3 beds on the floor and one on the wall configuration.

Here's a photo of how our cabin looked for 4 (yes it was cramped LOL---but we had a blast)

These photos are a couple from my Sky-Alaska folder at Webshots (link in my signature)

Truely a tight squeeze. Wow. I have 3 in a superior interior too. Maybe I'll use the uppers instead of the sofa sleeper. We have a room that holds 4. I will keep looking for a good price on Balcony if I can swing it. Carnival's rooms are much bigger.

Truely a tight squeeze. Wow. I have 3 in a superior interior too. Maybe I'll use the uppers instead of the sofa sleeper. We have a room that holds 4. I will keep looking for a good price on Balcony if I can swing it. Carnival's rooms are much bigger.

I'll try to remember to get some pictures and post them when I get back. Our prices have gone up so high, there is no way we will be changing cabins.

Well, some (most) of NCL ships do have bigger cabins. This one is 121sf and from what I've seen other Norwegian ships cabins start at about 147sf. With three, I agree with using the upper and not the sofa (if your cabin is comparable).

Plus that will free up a place to sit

Thanks for the photos. This sofa type thing looks lrge than what I saw in another picture. We are in a JJ which is similar but set up for 4 people instead of 3.

Do you have any other photos of the ship online somewhere that you would be willing to share a link for? I love looking at pictures to pass the time while we wait for our cruise.

Thanks I would love to see them. Our room is suppose to 147 sq. ft room. I very much enjoy reading your posts. Wish I was going with you in March. I have to wait until may.

Thanks I would love to see them. Our room is suppose to 147 sq. ft room. I very much enjoy reading your posts. Wish I was going with you in March. I have to wait until may.

There are still some cabins left for our cruise, but they are quite a bit more expensive now than they were when we booked. May will come sooner than you think. :D

I can't remember where I found the other pics. I have been searching on Webshots and FLICKR for any Sky photos I can find. When I get back, my pictures will be on FLICKR.

• 4 months later...

I know this thread is old, but wanted to respond here as well as in the new thread I posted. We just got off the Sky and booked the 8158 inside cabin. We too searched high and low for information on this cabin before booking.

It really is bigger. It is about 4 feet wider than the other inside cat k cabins. The location over top of the Stardust was not a problem, you could hear the music from the show but the shows are over before 11pm so we were never kept awake by it. There isn't usually much else going on in the stardust other than the nightly show and an occasional bingo. I don't believe we ever heard the bingo, maybe we weren't in our room then.

I would definitely book this room again. It was larger than the cat E port hole room across the hall that my DH stayed in. It has 2 uppers and 2 lowers and to be honest there is enough room on the lower to fit yet another twin bed. They could sell it as accomodating 5 if they wanted. There is not much drawer space though, so plan on living out of your suitcase if there are more than 2 of you. I wish they would remove the hanging space above the drawer and just have the one section of hanging instead of 2. On a freestyle cruise I'm not going to bring alot of stuff that needs to be hung. I supposed you could hang your tshirts and shorts if they gave you enough hangers.

Here are pictures of the cabin:

http://picasaweb.google.com/BeckyMaxwell/SkyCabin8158Inside?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPq96Cbue3dvQE&feat=directlink

Here are pictures of the port hole cabin across the hall.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BeckyMaxwell/SkyCabin8075PortHole?authkey=Gv1sRgCJrb4-Kj356ZoQE&feat=directlink

I know this thread is old, but wanted to respond here as well as in the new thread I posted. We just got off the Sky and booked the 8158 inside cabin. We too searched high and low for information on this cabin before booking.

It really is bigger. It is about 4 feet wider than the other inside cat k cabins. The location over top of the Stardust was not a problem, you could hear the music from the show but the shows are over before 11pm so we were never kept awake by it. There isn't usually much else going on in the stardust other than the nightly show and an occasional bingo. I don't believe we ever heard the bingo, maybe we weren't in our room then.

I would definitely book this room again. It was larger than the cat E port hole room across the hall that my DH stayed in. It has 2 uppers and 2 lowers and to be honest there is enough room on the lower to fit yet another twin bed. They could sell it as accomodating 5 if they wanted. There is not much drawer space though, so plan on living out of your suitcase if there are more than 2 of you. I wish they would remove the hanging space above the drawer and just have the one section of hanging instead of 2. On a freestyle cruise I'm not going to bring alot of stuff that needs to be hung. I supposed you could hang your tshirts and shorts if they gave you enough hangers.

Here are pictures of the cabin:

http://picasaweb.google.com/BeckyMaxwell/SkyCabin8158Inside?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPq96Cbue3dvQE&feat=directlink

Here are pictures of the port hole cabin across the hall.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BeckyMaxwell/SkyCabin8075PortHole?authkey=Gv1sRgCJrb4-Kj356ZoQE&feat=directlink

Thanks for posting this. Although it did not have the mini-couch that our superior interior had, it was definitely larger than our superior interior and cheaper too. Also, if all 4 of us sail, I definitely prefer having the 2 uppers. We may sail the Sky again, so I have filed this info away.

Archived