Any Waitlist Success Stories?

vaitape

Here's an update: NOTHING'S changed LOL!

Still hanging in there for the 17 October cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore...... All categories are wait listed now except for GS and MS which are closed and B Penthouses and Mariner Suites the only ones listed as available. The RSSC website says to book now before the fares go up in August......so all of you folks wanting B's and Mariner Suite better hurry....just joking!

I was a bit excited when I received an email today from RSSC with the subject Very Important Information: Visa Requirements.....yahoo, maybe this meant we'd cleared the list but a call to RSSC brought me back to reality.

Has anyone cleared as yet? We'll hang awhile longer. Am wondering if there will be some movement after 31 July when the current offers of 2 for 1 and free air is meant to expire....or when final payments are not made. Call me Helplessly Hoping....

Hey there SFCruzier, Nope.

Received an email response regarding the lack of info on my profile page on the RSSC website. Guess there was a glitch that effected lots of folks. Our info has been restored they informed us and said they hope we enjoy our 17 Oct voyage........BUT we remain wait listed.

As a consolation, we've booked an Oceania cruise with a similar itinerary.....leaves Bangkok 1 March. The timing might even be a bit better for us. And the price is nice except I'm already missing my already included perks like Internet, telephone, and of course adult beverages. Of course, my bias is that internet access should be provided gratis everywhere!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We've got a spot on the Priority Waitlist for H class on the Mariner Land of the Dragon Cruise this Oct.

We canceled our cruise to Norway for June due to some economic issues but this cruise to Viet Nam looks so good we can't resist.......if we could get Cat H. Cat G is fully closed and F is just beyond our reach.

I've done a search regarding Waitlists and have some questions for more recent cruisers:

Questions:

Any success with actually clearing a waitlist and getting onboard?

How far in advance of the sail date were you notified that you'd cleared the list?

Thanks, vai

Yes it can happen. We were wait listed for the Sydney to Auckland November 18 cruise. We were told that if we put $1000 US as a deposit (totally refundable) we might have a better chance. We also selected which cabins would be suitable, and although we were aiming for "D" we also listed "C", thinking that might come available. Two weeks later, we get the call that we are on board in "C".:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived