First Cruise Ever...On the NCL Spirit...to Bermuda

MBurke17

My wife and I are taking our first ever cruise on June 5th. It will be on the Norwegian Spirit, originating in Boston. Now since this is our first cruise, can anyone give us any tips...where should we eat on the ship (have heard Le Bistro, Tappanani and Cagney's are very good), will any of the restaurants cater to special diets (heart healthy, diabetic), what are some of the good activities to do on the ship, etc.

This will also be our first time ever in Bermuda, so any tips about the island would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Kingston, MA USA

I suggest you read some reviews of the Spirit, there is a link above to cruise critic reviews. It also won't hurt to read some of the roll calls too, especially for your cruise. There is a lot of information at this website.

Cagneys has the better steaks, while Le Bistro has the French food but they are surcharged restaurants. However I enjoy the regular continental meals at either of the main dining rooms, no fees at the Windows and Garden Room. You will find dining light and vegetarian menu items at every restaurant. The Raffles buffet has salads and fruits as well. You won't go hungry....

You won't be bored unless you wish to. There are a number of activities to do, depending upon your desires. Cruising is popular because they are so flexible.

lived in kingston from 1942-1972,we're sailing 5/29(5 of us),don gave you good info,one great thing on bermuda are the ferries and buses,they arrive and leave often at the dockyard and cover the whole island,buy a 2 day pass for $20 or 3 day for $28 and come and go as you please,hit "ports" on top of the cruise critic page and then "bermuda",i also google "bermuda.com" and other sites for info,have a great time and best wishes from an oldtime pembroke st resident!

My wife and I are taking our first ever cruise on June 5th. It will be on the Norwegian Spirit, originating in Boston. Now since this is our first cruise, can anyone give us any tips...where should we eat on the ship (have heard Le Bistro, Tappanani and Cagney's are very good), will any of the restaurants cater to special diets (heart healthy, diabetic), what are some of the good activities to do on the ship, etc.

This will also be our first time ever in Bermuda, so any tips about the island would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Kingston, MA USA

AWESOME! There sure is lots to know...

I am going with a group of 34 ish, also on the fifth. We have a website that has lots of Bermuda and Spirit info - much of it gleaned here, from CC. www.maggiecatenjay.wetpaint.com There is a whole page on "Spirited Fun and Games." I am definitely planning on the Martini tasting, the White Party and Quest.

The reviews here on CC are great places to get the scoop, as well!

Also, please come and join our Roll Call. There are LOTS of nice folks sailing with us... We are planning to have a "Meet and Greet" on board with some of the Spirit's crew as well as the folks on our roll call. I'm sure it is going to be GREAT!

I have been the Boston to Bermuda route twice and LOVED them both. Am really looking forward to the Spirit (I thought the Majesty was pretty nice LOL - I hear the Spirit is Spectacular!).

Hope to see you on the Roll Call (link below!)

Clare

Quincy, MA

There have been a few mini reviews posted about recently about the Spirit. Check those out.

Remember, some people eat in ONLY the main dining rooms and the buffet. Speciality restaurants are not required.

What to do? Scan the dailies each day and make some plans on where or what you would like. There is plenty to do.

Join the roll call.

For my cruise on the Spirit last week (5/15-22) we ate in the main dining rooms and one time we had sushi. All our meals were excellent. Also, Blue Lagoon has really good burgers and wings. Breakfast at the buffet was good, although if you like eggs have them made to order. We never woke up in time for the dining rooms breakfast! Room service has an excellent BLT, stay away from the salads. I was on the Gem last year which was newer with more dining options. On the Gem I ate at Cagney's, Le Bistro, Teppanaki and the Italian restaurant I have to say I liked this ship and it's food better staying just in the main dining (sushi being the exception and it was good and fresh) Enjoy!

Archived